THANX TO THE GR8 CC's

Fri, Oct 28 2022 2:56 PM (26 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2017 2:28 PM

pdb1:
    But why is it that so many do not feel the same way

Gee that is the $64,000 question.

It is hard to get the right mix of players but unless the player is recommended, then it is difficult with any new recruit.

Owners cannot see their CC history (how often they change, play or interact) and the player will never really know what the club is like until joining. No due diligence here - you can look at score history, not a lot more.

As you say, most players who are in CC's will not move unless they are not satisfied, so getting good new members can be difficult.

I have been in 3 clubs - first was when I hit TP/master a large 250 member club. I joined as it was primarily Australian so was easy to get games in with members as we were mostly in the right time zone. However I disagreed with a few things so left and the club imploded.

#2 was started by a mate - 12 or so members - all really good guys and we would play AS together all the time. Slowly they stopped playing.....so I finally left after explaining to the owner (we remain good friends)...sadly he closed the club that day.

#3 and probably last (unless I get booted out) is CN. Whilst we have a few members who do not play, it is pretty active and a great bunch of guys. People that I would happily have a beer with and talk to the wee hours if we met. It is not large, nor do we want it to be, but we want the right people who fit in and will play. I know the members by name, nit by a ID or number. I sometimes feel members of large CC's just get a little lost. It is fine to play tournaments, but it is also another to learn about them and what makes them tick.

• craigswan
    30,973 Posts
    Mon, Jan 9 2017 12:16 AM

Thanks for the mention paul .

I have posted your kind remarks in our club forum .

And as always I have taken all the credit .

• craigswan
    30,973 Posts
    Mon, Jan 9 2017 7:53 AM

So Allie ,  you’re interested in working with us. What is your experience with mentally disturbed people?

I’ve been on wgt with the alliecats and craig for 5 years now.

Very good, the job is yours.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Jan 14 2017 11:31 PM

pdb1:
     i just wanted to take a moment to thank some of the many GR8 CC's . That over time , by virtue of a GR8 owner , or GR8 members , or a GR8 program or agenda , or any combination thereof . Have shown the highest levels of sportsmanship , respect , knowledge and fun And are all GR8 ambassadors to the game . This is only a partial list as it could go on forever . And in no particular order . Many more that are on the complete list . 
      Thank you all for making this game what it is

Thanks mate.  It's good to read your kind words. 

-Roger

South East Skins

• VPfister
    443 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2019 7:43 AM

Thanks for the Cool Citizens Shout out, we appreciate it!

RSS