Forums

Help › Forums

Master's Level Clubs

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 14 2017 11:42 AM (8 replies)
  • TyronShoelaces0
    16 Posts
    Sat, Jan 7 2017 5:04 AM

So I just got to Masters level and realized that my clubs may not work at this tier. Any suggestions or just learn to use what I have? Thanks!

I am thinking Driver and 3 Wood need more distance now?

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sat, Jan 7 2017 2:35 PM

Your driver and 3 wood are fine at the Master level. You just need to get used to the new tees.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, Jan 7 2017 3:36 PM

Echoing above, your clubs are absolutely fine for the tier you're at. 

• Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Sat, Jan 7 2017 10:20 PM

True, if anything you might look at better balls

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2017 11:54 AM

I concur that your clubs are fine for your tees, in fact, will take you all the way to legend.

The slight weakness is the 3W, but it will suffice. A ball with better attributes could help, but I used the Tour SD's at masters level and they were fine.

For me, Masters Tier was the hardest step as I had been using starters clubs - the jump was too much and required upgrades.....and I made the mistake of not asking the forum......several dud purchases later lol......

The most important thing is to enjoy the new challenge and learning all shots and what works on one course may not work on another - have fun

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2017 12:05 PM

Consider upgrading your shortest wedge.  Around the green shots will be even more important at Legend, and  you have access to the top cleves........

Rest of the bag is more than adequate to take the courses apart at M level.

• TyronShoelaces0
    16 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2017 1:29 PM

Jimbog - what cleveland wedge would you recommend?

• TyronShoelaces0
    16 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2017 1:45 PM

Do my wedges need to be around 20 yards difference between the 3 of them? So I should get the Cleveland 64 wedge?

• Berto057
    219 Posts
    Sat, Jan 14 2017 11:42 AM

TyronShoelaces0:

Do my wedges need to be around 20 yards difference between the 3 of them? So I should get the Cleveland 64 wedge?

I'm only a TM, but until a luminary chimes in... :-)

I find that the full, punch, and pitch distances of the 3 Clevelands interlace well.  Whichever wedges you buy, really learn all the shots with at least the shortest one: not only will it shave strokes, but it will save your round more often than you'd guess.

Cheers,

--Berto

RSS