rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 8 2017 3:49 AM (22 replies)
  • CoolRunningx
    4,719 Posts
    Sat, Jan 7 2017 3:13 AM

Hi  All

Hope  everyone  had  a  great  Xmas  &  new  year

Ranked rounds  when   turned  Legend  170

Ranked  Rounds  712    ( so gone  over  the  500  required  as legend)

but   but  do  Par 3/s  Count  in  the  500  as  a  Ranked  Round ??????

Enjoyed  the  learning  curve,  and  super  active  Player,  726000 xp  points so  far  for  Country Club  in  14 months  ....  

Mostly  play  Matchplay  or  Alt  Games  

Now the  difficult  part  getting  averages  down,   reason  want  tobecome  a  Tour  legend  is  Love  the  13 Speed  Greens  love  them  to  be  my  Default..

Questions

are  there  a  set  amount  of  9  holes   18  holes  you  have  to  play  within  the  500 rounds..? pars 3  do  they  count ?

Are there  any  other  thing  must  tick  off  ? or  must  do ?

Thanks  All  for  any  advice,  Enjoying  the  quest

Cheers

Bob

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sat, Jan 7 2017 1:45 PM

Simple answer: The Par 3 courses don't count; neither does the Par 5. Rounds played can be either 9 holes or 18.

• CoolRunningx
    4,719 Posts
    Sat, Jan 7 2017 1:56 PM

K7JBQ:

Simple answer: The Par 3 courses don't count; neither does the Par 5. Rounds played can be either 9 holes or 18.

grrrr   Thanks  ,, Think  then  gonna  be  short  of  the  500  ..  as  each  morning, to  use my  daily  pass,  played   bandon  par  3  whilst   sat  in  van  on  way  to  work...

Another  question  if   someone  can  answer  is   

Custom  Par  4       9 Hole  created  course....  would  that  count  as  a  round  and  also  lower  averages

Many  Thanks

Bob

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Sat, Jan 7 2017 3:32 PM

CoolRunningx:
    Custom  Par  4, 9 Hole  created  course....  would  that  count  as  a  round  and  also  lower  averages

I've always read that all stroke play, ranked rounds between par 60 and 80 count toward average and saturation. So, yes, it should count for both.  

It's a long haul to Tour Legend. I made Legend about 15 months ago. I'm projecting myself to make Tour Legend later this year (maybe as early as late summer). 

Just be sure to enjoy the journey! :-)  

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Jan 7 2017 3:52 PM

Robert1893:
    CoolRunningx:
    Custom  Par  4, 9 Hole  created  course....  would  that  count  as  a  round  and  also  lower  averages

I've always read that all stroke play, ranked rounds between par 60 and 80 count toward average and saturation. So, yes, it should count for both.

No it would not.

From FAQ: Will scores shot on a Custom Course count towards my average score?

No, since the par on a custom course can vary, any score shot will not count towards your average score. However, other stats will be saved, such as Hole In Ones, Birdies...etc.

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Sat, Jan 7 2017 6:43 PM

DodgyPutter:

No it would not.

From FAQ: Will scores shot on a Custom Course count towards my average score?

No, since the par on a custom course can vary, any score shot will not count towards your average score. However, other stats will be saved, such as Hole In Ones, Birdies...etc.

Thanks for the correction! I appreciate it.

Now, if they could just do something about all the red tee.... OK, I probably shouldn't go there. ;-)  

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sat, Jan 7 2017 9:27 PM

Robert1893:
    I've always read that all stroke play, ranked rounds between par 60 and 80 count toward average and saturation.

Thanks for remembering Robert!

This was meant to exclude pars of 54 (Par3) and 90 (Par5). Things change, so I won't be able to use that phrase any more ;(

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2017 6:23 AM

alosso:
    Thanks for remembering Robert!

:-)

• CoolRunningx
    4,719 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2017 1:20 PM

thanks  all  for  replys,     much  appreciated    

At  present, playing  stroke  rounds  the  quest  of  dropping  averages

Can  you  please  answer  this  for  me,  at  present   average dropping down, 

-8     score     dropping   .6   

dont  think  i  have  reached  the  500  ranked  rounds  yet,  as  loads  were  par 3   brandon  grrrr  (  my  bad  )

when   i  hit  the  500 and  saturation point,  will  i  see  a  

-8   score   dropping  average  say   .10    or  so          

will  i  notice  the  difference  in,  when  i  do  reach  the  500  rounds

big  thanks  to  all  ,  like  i  say   appreciated  and  thank  you

Bob

• Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Thu, Jan 12 2017 8:06 AM

CoolRunningx:
    will  i  notice  the  difference  in,  when  i  do  reach  the  500  rounds

The closer you reach 500 RRs your avg movement would reduce. To give an idea, if you hit 500 rds with an avg of 66, for ur avg to go to 65.9, the difference between your 501st round and the worst rd in 500 has to be 50 shots.

RSS