Forums

Help › Forums

New Course

Sat, Jan 28 2017 7:09 AM (27 replies)
  • BubbaSauce
    260 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2017 7:32 AM

How about Carnoustie or Muirfield?

What about Valhalla, Crooked Stick, or Baltusrol?

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2017 11:07 AM

BubbaSauce:

How about Carnoustie or Muirfield?

What about Valhalla, Crooked Stick, or Baltusrol?

I like your thinking, but your dreaming lol.

Welcome back too.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2017 12:37 PM

If they'd remap the greens at Kiawah, it would be like getting a new course.  ;-)

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2017 1:18 PM

hpurey:

If they'd remap the greens at Kiawah, it would be like getting a new course.  ;-)

lol so true H, especially if they dye the fairways yellow.....

I like the course but cannot stand playing it on here, well on the greens.

• TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2017 3:19 PM

I assume that 90% of the cost of the mapping is done when they do the travel, helicopter, camera, fairways, tees, etc.   It would seem to me that doing 2 extra pin placements would not add that much cost to the new courses.

It is such a shame that we have a couple of great courses like Pebble Beach and Chambers Bay with only one pin placement and both of those are fairly recent ads.

Having multiple pin placements is much like having extra courses out there, I don't understand the concept of taking all the time and money of going without mapping 2 or 3 pin placements, maybe WGT can weigh in as to why.

William

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2017 8:51 PM

I can offer a clue.

Helicopters rent by the day, and they aren't cheap. Particularly when you include the cost of the pilot.

How often do courses change pin placements? I doubt it's done on a daily basis.

Like everything else about this game, it's all math.

Looking forward, to Erin Hills and beyond...has WGT considered using drones?

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2017 9:22 PM

TarheelsRule:
    It is such a shame that we have a couple of great courses like Pebble Beach and Chambers Bay with only one pin placement and both of those are fairly recent ads.

Add RSG, OLY...

Their CEO once stated in the public that they have more than one pin sets for each course, and they used to fill up the draught between new courses with pin additions. They even jumped through the hoops @KIA, cutting new pins out of the old pictures.

Not now - for a long time (years?), there have been no new pins though they must be there!

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2017 10:05 PM

K7JBQ:
    Helicopters rent by the day, and they aren't cheap. Particularly when you include the cost of the pilot.

Curious, with the advent of drones these days, whether that sort of photography could be accomplished in that manner at a lesser cost?

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2017 7:25 AM

TarheelsRule:
    Having multiple pin placements is much like having extra courses out there, I don't understand the concept of taking all the time and money of going without mapping 2 or 3 pin placements, maybe WGT can weigh in as to why.

20 million users spending  $50 dollars once a year is $1 Billion dollars.If they spent $50 a month that would would be $12 Billion dollars a year.

One would think more than a handful of courses would be possible with that amount of cash.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2017 7:58 AM

Tigerpaw509:

TarheelsRule:

20 million users spending  $50 dollars once a year is $1 Billion dollars.If they spent $50 a month that would would be $12 Billion dollars a year.

One would think more than a handful of courses would be possible with that amount of cash.

They don't have that much cash!! Many of us don't spend $50 a year much less $50 a month! And many of us just do videos surveys and other offers and don't spend any real money.

RSS