• f1oyd0
    1 Posts
    Wed, Jan 4 2017 7:43 AM

TPC Sawgrass Stadium Course?

nothing like 17 and 18

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Jan 4 2017 3:04 PM

It will never happen. EA Sports owns exclusive rights to it and all other TPC courses. They have had the rights to those courses since the early to mid 1990's and have shown that they will never give up those rights.

• DoctorEagle
    1,312 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2017 8:55 PM

Augusta National?

• derekortt
    656 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2017 8:55 AM

how about instead of new courses, we get new pins for RSG, Olympic, Pinehurst, Chambers Bay, and Pebble Beach. No reason we only have 1 set of pins

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2017 9:40 AM

derekortt:

how about instead of new courses, we get new pins for RSG, Olympic, Pinehurst, Chambers Bay, and Pebble Beach. No reason we only have 1 set of pins

They have to have the pictures to make new pins. And if they didn't take the pictures at the time that they originally shot the course they might not be able to go back and shoot more pictures.

And we should have a new course i the spring. CTTH front and back first then the full course for U.S. Open qualifying in early May.

• derekortt
    656 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2017 10:34 AM

borntobesting:

derekortt:

They have to have the pictures to make new pins. And if they didn't take the pictures at the time that they originally shot the course they might not be able to go back and shoot more pictures.

And we should have a new course i the spring. CTTH front and back first then the full course for U.S. Open qualifying in early May.

Shouldn't they take enough pictures for enough pins when they shoot the courses?

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2017 10:58 AM

derekortt:

Shouldn't they take enough pictures for enough pins when they shoot the courses?

One would think so, especially on the newer courses.  Going back and doing another set of pins is a massive amount of work compared to just shooting 2 or 3 while they're all there anyway.

If I recall correctly though there are different pins for CTTH at RSG so I assume they do have at least 2 sets of pins for that course.  There may be other CTTH courses that have different pin positions, I hardly ever play it so really don't know.  I just seem to remember seeing it on one of the RSG holes.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2017 12:08 PM

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/308552.aspx

Ages ago I played a CC stroke play round and showed at least 4-5 new pin locations - the shame was none had decent putting views (if you thought KIA was bad, think again lol). See above link.

Now this was for all members who played, so it was not a localised flash issue.

On the newer courses I believe they did learn from early mistakes (aka Kiawah) and have shot multiple pin locations. I assume the programming for new pin locations would be intensive and the programmers time is probably dedicated to items that will create new revenue. Unfortunately new pins will not generate significant revenue (:

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2017 12:55 PM

MisterWGT once stated that they have at least two pin positions for every course.

There should be quite a reserve to please us, starting with RSG.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2017 6:17 PM

DoctorEagle:

Augusta National?

You have a better chance of getting a nifty looking green jacket.

RSS