Forums

Help › Forums

When will Tour Champion tier be populated ?

Thu, Apr 6 2017 2:50 AM (41 replies)
  • AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Mon, Apr 3 2017 9:49 AM

Anything new on this wgt? I would like to see a faster green speed available to play in alt shot and other game modes.. 13 stimp has gotten boring.

Should have increased green speed to 14 at Champion tier imo...

AB

• RyjaTybas
    5,139 Posts
    Mon, Apr 3 2017 10:26 AM

I support you, but from a different perspective.

As a newer Champ I'm happy with 13 stimp - especially as I can still play against my Tour Leg (and Leg) friends without doing their heads in!

But Champ has go so bloated its time for a split.

Interesting that Champ averages just use the best 250 games - not 500 - so I suppose WGT can use the next 250 to sort out the tiers - perhaps.

2,111 Posts
    Mon, Apr 3 2017 12:02 PM

Sad fact is, that wgt said from the very beganning that TC... would be by invite only, so as far as stats are concerned, or games played, it seems to be a moot point. I do totally agree though, that a draft for Tour Champions is long overdue!!! How about it WGT???

Perhaps such a draft might be basied on something like, total number of ranked games played and low average!!!

Phil aka., Coyote

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Mon, Apr 3 2017 5:51 PM

777999:

Perhaps such a draft might be basied on something like, total number of ranked games played and low average!!!

I certainly hope not. Tour Champion won't mean anything like Champion doesn't with all the red tee players.

It should be based on career earnings (minimum of 5k) and/or results in the majors and vuso (top 10 finish), top 250 in career earnings AFTER you reach the required saturation avg and rounds to reach TC.

That would pretty much fill TC tier right away with about 250 players at the top of game.

AB

• turfsand
    1,773 Posts
    Tue, Apr 4 2017 4:05 AM

AgentBrown123:

777999:

I certainly hope not. Tour Champion won't mean anything like Champion doesn't with all the red tee players.

It should be based on career earnings (minimum of 5k) and/or results in the majors and vuso (top 10 finish), top 250 in career earnings AFTER you reach the required saturation avg and rounds to reach TC.

That would pretty much fill TC tier right away with about 250 players at the top of game.

AB

+1 and tour champ greens should default to 14

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Tue, Apr 4 2017 5:30 AM

I think the best solution would be to divide the top players from the rest in a separate tier, the cutoff point should be earnings (something like 5k for career and/or top 100 in the last 12 months), all other parameters like level and especially average are not a good indicator for actual skill as long as red tee tournaments are included and the saturation level is at a laughable 200 games.

the remaining champions and the tour legend players should be integrated in the same tier, whatever you may want to call it then. this way wgt doesnt have to pay more in tournament winnings. the current state of the tour legend tier is nothing but a bad joke. same payout as the champion tier in the weekly, monthly tournaments with not even a tenth of the skill level.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Apr 4 2017 9:07 AM

birchi:
    the current state of the tour legend tier is nothing but a bad joke. same payout as the champion tier in the weekly, monthly tournaments

That ^ is wrong for a start...

birchi:
    with not even a tenth of the skill level.

So......that means you are 10x more skillful at this game than I ??

Andy

2,111 Posts
    Tue, Apr 4 2017 12:00 PM

The suggestion to base selection on career earnings is not a good idea, simply because many do not wish to play in pay tournaments. Not sure what the solution is, but spending $$$ to play in tourneys is not my idea of a good drafting point!

Phil

2,111 Posts
    Tue, Apr 4 2017 12:04 PM

Jamie!

You are correct in saying that you are in the wrong forum and to name names and call someone names is never ever a nice thing to do. Frankely, you own him and everyone here an apology! No matter what the individual may or may not have done should be taken up with WGT Customer Service and not aired here like dirty laundry!

Just my opinion;

Phil aka., Coyote

RSS