Forums

Help › Forums

When will Tour Champion tier be populated ?

Thu, Apr 6 2017 2:50 AM (41 replies)
    2,111 Posts
    Tue, Jan 3 2017 4:00 PM

Hum!

Actually, I've asked the same question several times of those in wgt customer and have always received the exact same answer, and that it that it will be by invitation only. "Icon is currently the only "Tour Champion" and as I understand it, that distention is only for testing purposes! Well, now almost a year and what a half later, things still remain the same, and  It would seem that there is absolutely no criteria and that this elusive invitation if it is ever to come at all is more scare then hens teeth! How much testing does it take to say ok, so and so has an average of - whatever & has played x # of games, so lets do the deed!!!

Guess we all will just have to wait and wonder in abject disparate and dwindling aspirations for this increasingly unlikely gesture from wgt on high... I for one, will continue to wander in the wilderness of the land of wgt in search of this no doubt extinct albatross that seems to have never taken wing if indeed it was ever intended to???

Phil

• Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Fri, Jan 13 2017 1:57 AM

January Kiawah 18 Hole Tournament <--- I played that today and was surprised to see a tour champion tier open, obviously no scores for that tier but it was open lol

maybe its coming sooon?

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Fri, Jan 13 2017 4:20 AM

Your right Wontonamo , Congratulations on 1st place ....

• RyjaTybas
    5,139 Posts
    Fri, Jan 13 2017 10:13 AM

Definitely time to get the T-Champ level underway.

There are two sorts of Champs - the uber-golfers - and the "just escaped T-Leg" - and there is very little comparison between the two.

Certainly, my interest in tier-based comps has gone down sharply since becoming Champ.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2017 11:17 AM

Wontonamo:

January Kiawah 18 Hole Tournament <--- I played that today and was surprised to see a tour champion tier open, obviously no scores for that tier but it was open lol

maybe its coming sooon?

no, that's just so if iconian decides to participate and post any score, he is an automatic winner... sadly, though, I am sure he will forget to even enter it.

-wgticon

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2017 11:57 AM

WGTicon:

Wontonamo:

maybe its coming sooon?

no, that's just so if iconian decides to participate and post any score, he is an automatic winner... sadly, though, I am sure he will forget to even enter it.

-wgticon

Why not promote the top 150 -200 money earning Champions to Tour Champion so you can have some competition . Its not hard to figure it out see how easy I made it and its a simple solution too .

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2017 12:29 PM

WGTicon:
    if iconian decides to participate and post any score, he is an automatic winner.

...and must not collect the purse :P

(which is the full amount, since there is no second)

• RyjaTybas
    5,139 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2017 12:40 PM

Maybe Icon will need to breed in order to "populate" the tier.

• Premed
    776 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2017 1:59 PM

RyjaTybas:

Maybe Icon will need to breed in order to "populate" the tier.

No.... Don't let them start breeding Tour Champions, God only knows what the consequences might be !!

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2017 4:11 PM

huh?

RSS