Help › Forums

Pin positions

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 10 2017 6:15 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TRAPPERDAN85
    1 Posts
    Tue, Jan 3 2017 2:13 AM

I have noticed there is very little varience of pin positions on most courses I play.

For instance #17 at Pebble Beach is always just about 5 yards past the bunker on the

left side of the green.

I have noticed this on quite a few holes on different courses, they want to tuck that pin

in close as possible to the bunker, is this pretty much the norm?

Also since I hit Master, my average score went up about 5 strokes!

Dan

• 186con
    7 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2017 4:50 PM

Dan,

They have never changed the hole locations at Pebble Beach since it has been offered here.  For some reason the programers have no clue how to move the hole locations.  no matter how many times your ask.  It is the reason you see dozens of players in these tournaments shooting 55 and 56.  PGA pros are not posting these scores.  

Good luck on the course and keep complaining about the hole locations and hopefully they will move them.  Maybe 14 at PB will be on the right side of the green and everyone can make a birdie.  

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2017 7:56 PM

TRAPPERDAN85:
    I have noticed there is very little varience of pin positions on most courses I play.
    Pin positions are limited due to the way the courses are presented - all real photographs. According to their CEO, there should be at least two sets of pins available on any full course, but they choose not to publish them any more.

Thus, now some strokeplay courses have two sets, like BPB and OAK, and some have not, PB, RSG, OLY...

Congrats to your Master promotion!

Average calculation resets with the first game in the new tier. The first score is the new average, which usually is higher due to the new course settings, notably the regular tees being further back.

Have fun - the goal for the next tier is a 63.00 average!

• davelobo1
    4 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2017 3:41 PM

I've noticed on the Pebble Beach CTTH that they have different pin positions. Why are they unable to put those pin positions into the stroke play games? Seems like thye would have already been photographed

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2017 9:11 PM

davelobo1:
    Why are they unable

Methinks that they are rather unwilling to do so.

WGT's CEO once stated that they have at least two pins per hole prepared, and they used to present a second pin set with great fanfare (STA, KIA, OAK, BPB, MER).  But, no more, now the game's idling between the presentation of new Open courses, even in years where there is no new course like in 2016 (Oakmont). Expect the same for 2019 (Pebble).

We may hope for Erin Hills in 2017, as MisterWGT announced it in video. I've not heard any confirmation for Shinnecock Hills (2018).

• ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2017 2:32 AM

Well, I allways hope that my pin is in the right position if I come near to a hole.

• Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2017 8:37 AM

alosso:
    Methinks that they are rather unwilling to do so.

Think the CTTH and full 18 might have been shot separately. Most other courses camera views match between the 2 formats but for PB they seem different, for eg CTTH#2 and full 18 #6 seem really different

• youngman12
    1 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2017 9:46 AM

Not also that I would like to see different pin placements on the greens, even adding a couple of different pin placements would make the game more interesting, but let's get some new courses on here for stroke play as well. Will that be coming in the near future? youngman12

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2017 10:15 AM

youngman12:
    but let's get some new courses on here for stroke play as well. Will that be coming in the near future?

Erin Hills will be added this year. For more information, simply search the forum. 

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2017 5:51 PM

oi vey   you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink

this is WGT LAND i see a few newbies posting as well

• PAGES
RSS