skip nav

Forums

How do you put spin on the ball?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 22 2012 2:06 PM by Jerm65. 13 replies.
  • sandy132435 United States
    3 Posts
    Wed, Dec 3 2008 3:07 PM

How do you put spin on the ball? 

Digg
    Delicious
  • nivlac United States
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Dec 3 2008 3:29 PM

In the lower right hand corner of the game you'll see a ball with a green dot.

Kinda looks like this.  This is normal spin. Your ball has an average trajectory and average roll.

Grab the green dot and move it upwards to impart topspin.  Consequently, your ball will have a lower trajectory, will fly less and roll more if the ground is flat.  Good in some situations, and not so good in others.

Grab the green dot and move it downwards to impart backspin.  Your ball will have a higher trajectory, will fly more and roll less if the ground is flat.

Different shots will require varying degrees of topspin and backspin, but that part you gotta figure out on your own. :)

Digg
    Delicious
  • Rayj00 United States
    43 Posts
    Sat, Jan 24 2009 8:16 AM

I have yet to find this actually working????

Digg
    Delicious
  • zbar United States
    10 Posts
    Sat, Jan 24 2009 9:50 AM

no *** me 2

Digg
    Delicious
    1,644 Posts
    Sat, Jan 24 2009 10:28 AM

Once again, with the club set that we all currently have, spin is not as pronounced as you may think, or want it to be.  Cheap clubs=low spin control, inaccurate and short!  Stay tuned for the club update!

Digg
    Delicious
  • TXBowhunter United States
    82 Posts
    Sun, Jan 25 2009 6:04 AM

I see it work with the beginner set.  And use it on every shot.  Now the cool thing will be when you can put side spin on the ball (fade/draw).  Then the course will get interesting.

Digg
    Delicious
    1,644 Posts
    Mon, Jan 26 2009 4:15 AM

Don't get me wrong... It is there, and it does work.... but it should be more pronounced when the new clubs arrive.

Digg
    Delicious
  • Duffer24 United States
    5 Posts
    Wed, Feb 18 2009 3:59 PM

I have used it many times.  A lot of times, the ball just one-hops and stops.  This has kept that little white ball closer to the pin for better birdie opportunities.

Digg
    Delicious
  • ZacParente United States
    1 Posts
    Tue, Feb 24 2009 2:41 PM

i hope it works cuz i suck

Digg
    Delicious
  • williamleo United States
    1 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2009 6:23 PM

I use it all the time. Took 9 points off my average. Works on this new set, but on the old set of clubs I didn't know about it. Try it. It lets you hit harder and allows you to stop the ball on the green way closer to the hole.

Digg
    Delicious
RSS