Help › Forums

To Ding or Not To Ding...That IS the Question

rated by 0 users
Sat, Dec 31 2016 6:14 PM (9 replies)
  • pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sat, Dec 31 2016 5:24 PM

Dear TopGolf/WGT and whoever the hell cares within your confines at HQs:

I don't even have a 100% ding rate here...

but I'm assuming if I were married to you, and always hit the target/ding, then I'd be considered a "cheater".  Now I understand as my wife would hang me by the cojones if I cheated and I'd never be able to play on, from, or around her tee box ever again.  But wait, my wife actually gets pissed off with me if I off ding here occasionally and she prefers if I always hit the ding.  So hopefully you now understand my dilemma and confusion...all caused by you dingbats at TG/WGT HQs..

So last night, in preparation for the big New Year's Eve celebration tonight, I over-indulged in some liquid libations and decided to test your rule of "to ding or not to ding...that is the question".  I off-dinged in various locations around my house...Master Bedroom & Powder Room to name a few.  Well this morning I woke up to one PO'd woman.  I was read the riot act and ordered to clean up because of my inability to ding consistently.  Sheesh, you'd think she would have sent me an email reminder first.  But no...instant cold shoulder for off-dinging). WTF!!!!!

So just to let you know, the ding in RL is actually the preferred method.  Dinging consistently allows me to continue playing with the Mrs. without any threat of suspension or permanent ban of my playing rights.  This happens to keep by putter and balls very happy...unlike in your Top Golf/WGT HQs.  Maybe you guys should reconsider the dinging policy...especially since you sell me clubs and balls that slow down my meter so I have a better chance of always hitting the damn ding.

And you wonder why your rules confuse the hell out of me.  Evidently none of you are married.

Peace & Happy New Year!

Paul (an off-ding guy in an always-ding RL world)

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Sat, Dec 31 2016 6:14 PM

aim a little lower all will be fine

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sat, Dec 31 2016 6:14 PM

pmm711:

Dear TopGolf/WGT and whoever the hell cares within your confines at HQs:

I don't even have a 100% ding rate here...

but I'm assuming if I were married to you, and always hit the target/ding, then I'd be considered a "cheater".  Now I understand as my wife would hang me by the cojones if I cheated and I'd never be able to play on, from, or around her tee box ever again.  But wait, my wife actually gets pissed off with me if I off ding here occasionally and she prefers if I always hit the ding.  So hopefully you now understand my dilemma and confusion...all caused by you dingbats at TG/WGT HQs..

So last night, in preparation for the big New Year's Eve celebration tonight, I over-indulged in some liquid libations and decided to test your rule of "to ding or not to ding...that is the question".  I off-dinged in various locations around my house...Master Bedroom & Powder Room to name a few.  Well this morning I woke up to one PO'd woman.  I was read the riot act and ordered to clean up because of my inability to ding consistently.  Sheesh, you'd think she would have sent me an email reminder first.  But no...instant cold shoulder for off-dinging). WTF!!!!!

So just to let you know, the ding in RL is actually the preferred method.  Dinging consistently allows me to continue playing with the Mrs. without any threat of suspension or permanent ban of my playing rights.  This happens to keep by putter and balls very happy...unlike in your Top Golf/WGT HQs.  Maybe you guys should reconsider the dinging policy...especially since you sell me clubs and balls that slow down my meter so I have a better chance of always hitting the damn ding.

And you wonder why your rules confuse the hell out of me.  Evidently none of you are married.

Peace & Happy New Year!

Paul (an off-ding guy in an always-ding RL world)

Vary funny post...^^^.  And I'm pretty sure most guys can empathize...lol

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sat, Dec 31 2016 6:34 PM

adaputter:

aim a little lower all will be fine

Well...I'm also rewarded for being a consistently, quiet "banker".  LOL

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Dec 31 2016 7:40 PM

Well in real life you have to hit the Ding regardless of how many drinks you have or be hammered by our better halves for many a day    lol.

In Wgt you don't have to hit the ding   lol

• DaveStrock
    919 Posts
    Sat, Dec 31 2016 9:19 PM

Once you learn the distances of your clubs and the adjustments for winds "Ding is King" but not many players have a high ding rate,mine is probably 30% and the rest are only a few pixels off unless the dreaded meter strikes as it often does and throw in the VEM, if you can be consistently within 5 yards of where you aim you're doing pretty damn good,it's the elite putters that rule the game......

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sat, Dec 31 2016 10:24 PM

As long as you didn't ding in her cashmere sweater drawer you should be OK.

That's how a neighbor of mine once upon a time got divorced.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2017 4:14 AM

There's a very simple solution to this problem, sit down to play.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2017 4:23 AM

PaulTon:

There's a very simple solution to this problem, sit down to play.

Why didn't I think of that?  LMAO

RSS