Forums

Help › Forums

Just became Legend but now I'm confused.

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 2 2017 10:14 AM (9 replies)
  • Rakassan
    100 Posts
    Fri, Dec 30 2016 5:47 PM

I was playing a stroke play game with an average of 61.7 and shot -5.  After the game it says I am now a legend and get 200 credits blah blah but now my avg is 62.  Can someone please explain how all of this works because I'm clueless!  I thought you had to avg 60 to become legend?

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Fri, Dec 30 2016 8:49 PM

When you tier up, all old scores are thrown out and you start over. That round is now your only legend score, and it will change as you shoot more. 

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Dec 30 2016 9:47 PM

+1!

Usually, it's a 61.00 average to become promoted to Legend. Alas, you won a whopping 72 cr for 2nd place in a tournament - my congrats! - and this apparently did the trick.

Promotion may have come while you were playing that last 31 on STA, making this score your first Legend score and average though it's shown as a TM score.

New threshold for promotion to Tour Legend is 60.000. If you ever want to know how close you come to saturation (500 rounds), make a note NOW of your current total ranked rounds number from your stats.

And, please, forget about +-Par when it comes to average - the score counts, nine hole 31 doubled to 62.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sat, Dec 31 2016 9:13 PM

Yep.

Minus 5 wasn't your score. 31 was your score - against a par of 36.

36 - 5 = 31

Your score average is based on an 18 hole game.

When you only play 9 holes WGT has to double your score to keep your score average an 18 hole scoring average. 31 x 2 = 62

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sat, Dec 31 2016 10:20 PM

Welcome to the club. I got to legend the same way, scoring well in TM Ready Goes.

Have fun. The view is more interesting from back here.

• igolfdoyou1
    896 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2017 7:37 AM

You need to shoot 30 and less for the next while to move your average down;Something not explained and will take your average in a heart beat,but slow to lower it.

• darktone
    151 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2017 8:36 AM

Congrats on your promotion. I recently made it to Legend also by placing in a ready go. 

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2017 5:25 PM

Rakassan:

I was playing a stroke play game with an average of 61.7 and shot -5.  After the game it says I am now a legend and get 200 credits blah blah but now my avg is 62.  Can someone please explain how all of this works because I'm clueless!  I thought you had to avg 60 to become legend?

welcome to the confused club

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2017 8:00 PM

darktone:

Congrats on your promotion. I recently made it to Legend also by placing in a ready go. 

Seems to be the norm most of the time I gather.  I too made Legend without ever achieving the scoring avg.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Mon, Jan 2 2017 10:14 AM

alosso:

Promotion may have come while you were playing that last 31 on STA, making this score your first Legend score and average though it's shown as a TM score.

I was wondering if rounds played in TM tourney's that were entered prior to promotion counted as Legend rounds towards avg. and saturation...guess they do.    Thanks for the info.

RSS