Forums

Help › Forums

Course Builders

Tue, Dec 11 2018 4:09 AM (30 replies)
  • CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sat, Dec 17 2016 4:24 AM

The cc event gave away course builders for a prize ,  It said X3  , I assumed that meant we got 3 , However  it says we got 318  , Surely they wouldn't give us 318 of them ?    Must be a glitch ....A bug ,,, A boo boo ..

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sat, Dec 17 2016 4:38 AM

In my owners tools there are permissions for Publish tournaments with custom courses

and another one that says Manage custom courses ,,  What's the difference ??

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sat, Dec 17 2016 6:09 AM

The prize is per contributing member - I guess that 105 of your mates have joined you(?)

Concerning permissions, further guesses:

"manage custom courses" means to set up a "phantasy" course in one of the ten slots available - for free, as I heard (and I hope that they can be modified or deleted).

"Publish tournaments" means to actually create a tournament, and this requires a Course Builder @400 cr in the Pro Shop, or as a Clash prize.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sat, Dec 17 2016 6:36 AM

CEverett12:

The cc event gave away course builders for a prize ,  It said X3  , I assumed that meant we got 3 , However  it says we got 318  , Surely they wouldn't give us 318 of them ?    Must be a glitch ....A bug ,,, A boo boo ..

I would think that's a glitch...WGT is never that generous.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Dec 17 2016 6:53 AM

At 400 creds a pop i find it strange they giving 2 or 3 to every member that played it.

Lot to give away, but they have done. Which to be honest they should do as its a bit of a rip off asking clubs to pay for setting them up, just be happy that clubs increase your ball use WGT eh.

Nice if WGT would comment though, to stop this confusion.

• AlaskanDame
    18,963 Posts
    Sat, Dec 17 2016 9:29 AM

alosso:

"manage custom courses" means to set up a "phantasy" course in one of the ten slots available - for free, as I heard (and I hope that they can be modified or deleted).

The person who built the custom course can edit it.  At least there is a pencil icon next to it.  I don't know if an owner can also edit a member's course.

• ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Sat, Dec 17 2016 10:03 AM

alosso:

Does anyone have a different number of slots?

Once I published a  tourney on the course I  created, I lost the delete/modify option. I don't know if the owner has any control over them. I hope so because I just  threw that first one together as a test. I didn't know it would be  permanent.

• AlaskanDame
    18,963 Posts
    Sat, Dec 17 2016 10:11 AM

ArgyleScott:

Once I published a  tourney on the course I  created, I lost the delete/modify option. I don't know if the owner has any control over them. I hope so because I just  threw that first one together as a test. I didn't know it would be  permanent.

Once you published the tourney, wgt obviously couldn't let you modify it while the tourney was "active".  I'll bet when your course goes "dormant" again (when your tourney is over), that the modify option will show up again.

We'll see, eh?

• AndreasHelke
    675 Posts
    Sat, Dec 17 2016 11:03 AM

There is a button to copy one of the active tournaments. You can the edit and save this copy if you still have a free slotl

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Sat, Dec 17 2016 11:29 AM

CEverett12:

Hushhhhhhh ;-)

But as I wrote in another thread, maybe they just realised they won't be selling that many and this could be used at least to get more people playing in clashes and use more ball life.

RSS