Forums

Help › Forums

wrong winner

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jan 15 2017 11:14 AM (6 replies)
  • BowserHewitt
    633 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2016 11:22 AM

played match  hardest holes opponent quit on 15 I   continued played out He was given win 10 am Alaska Standard time 12/8/2016 

• BowserHewitt
    633 Posts
    Wed, Dec 21 2016 6:15 AM

BowserHewitt:

played match  hardest holes opponent quit on 15 I   continued played out He was given win 10 am Alaska Standard time 12/8/2016 

Was Thera response here. Sorry , haven't currently time to search auto delete files.  Just wondering  

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Wed, Dec 21 2016 9:38 AM

Which response? There was no question and no point to discuss...

And, from your description, it wasn't a match but multiplayer stroke play. You describe a well-known flaw which has no further consequences as there are no records of these games. Even the "winner" won't know that he "won".

• BowserHewitt
    633 Posts
    Sat, Jan 14 2017 4:15 PM

cool, YOu might know. It appears every once in awhile I am to quit the site as it literally shuts down my game . Messes with every aspect to prevent my play.  Ever hear of this before.?

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sat, Jan 14 2017 9:41 PM

BowserHewitt:
    YOu might know.

It's not only me, there are others, too, with profound knowledge of the game!

BowserHewitt:
    it literally shuts down my game .

On PC, with a browser?

=> Looks like the known Flash-eats-memory flaw. RAM ain't released in a proper way, so it may be good to close down all browser windows sometimes to reset it. Some do it before each game...

In more difficult cases, you'd have to clear the browser and/or Flash caches, or shut down your PC.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sun, Jan 15 2017 10:36 AM

alosso:

BowserHewitt:
    YOu might know.

It's not only me, there are others, too, with profound knowledge of the game!

BowserHewitt:
    it literally shuts down my game .

On PC, with a browser?

=> Looks like the known Flash-eats-memory flaw. RAM ain't released in a proper way, so it may be good to close down all browser windows sometimes to reset it. Some do it before each game...

In more difficult cases, you'd have to clear the browser and/or Flash caches, or shut down your PC.

First the so called memory leak is not just a WGT problem. Any flash based game on the web has the same problem and some like EA's pogo.com are even worse than anything that happens on WGT.

Secondly almost everyone has flash storage set at 100 kilobytes. What if we increased that to 500 or even a 1000?

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sun, Jan 15 2017 11:14 AM

borntobesting:
    First the so called memory leak is not just a WGT problem.

Did I point to WGT? Not at all. I named the culprit, and it's used in this game.

borntobesting:
    Secondly almost everyone has flash storage set at 100 kilobytes. What if we increased that to 500 or even a 1000?

It would need longer to eat the memory...

RSS