Forums

Help › Forums

Will Nike Balls & Clubs Still Be Available

Wed, Dec 7 2016 7:31 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TonyPiech
    216 Posts
    Tue, Dec 6 2016 10:46 AM

I'm currently at Level 89 and should reach Level 90 within a couple of weeks.  Will the Nike L90 balls be available?  Same with the Clubs in the L92-95 range?

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, Dec 6 2016 11:08 AM

1) The Hold-Your-Tongue Tribe said "available through November" which was imprecise - who should know it better now?

2) You needed one year to arrive at about 450,000 XPs (within L89). How many weeks do you think you need to 1,1 M XPs = L95?    (I'm guessing 75 weeks, around May, 2018)

The only things I know for sure of that time is that the sun will be emitting light and that the earth will be turning.

Have fun!

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Tue, Dec 6 2016 12:08 PM

Tony, please don't take this the wrong way but why are you so keen to be able to splash out either $6.50 or $7.00 for a sleeve of virtual balls?  It could be you're very well off in which case I withdraw any doubts I may have had about how worthwhile they would be to you.

However, if you don't have pots of money to throw at the game why not consider a much more reasonably priced ball such as the L33 Callaway? Once you learn to play this ball and know how it will react in any given situation I'm sure you could play as well with it as with anything else out there.

Playing, for want of a better word, "inferior" equipment but knowing exactly how to use it is better than using the best the pro shop has to offer and not being able to get the most out of it.

• Pootick
    1,185 Posts
    Tue, Dec 6 2016 12:39 PM

I find it interesting that WGT sees these posts, but remain silent. I wonder why? My guess is that they will keep them available until the sales of Nike equipment comes to a crawl. and at that point they will offer replacement at inflated prices. They are here to make money not to appease us. I'm still thinking about the "Spy Program" software that they told us they had " wink". It caught a grand total of 2............  everyone that believes that please stand up !!

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, Dec 6 2016 12:58 PM

LOL, To say they only caught 2 people is an attempt on your part to mislead the millions of members at WGT...

So get your facts right before you post!!!!

It was 3....

LMAO

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Dec 6 2016 1:03 PM

Pootick:
    My guess is that they will keep them available until the sales of Nike equipment comes to a crawl. and at that point they will offer replacement at inflated prices.

Or Taylormade vaults to the top and Bridgestone shows up thanks to Tiger Woods.  :-)

" Woods is free to use any clubs he wants. And that’s exactly what he did at the Hero World Challenge.

Woods stuck with Nike irons and wedges at the tournament, but used a Titleist Scotty Cameron putter, Bridgestone balls, and most interestingly, a TaylorMade driver and woods.

TaylorMade is owned by Adidas, but the German sportswear giant announced in May it is looking to sell off the brand. Potential buyers could include Callaway (ELY) or newly-public Acushnet (GOLF) or even Woods himself—there is a rumor that the star is part of a private group considering buying TaylorMade. His use of a TaylorMade driver at the Hero World Challenge may only stoke that rumor further."

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/tiger-woods-is-back-and-he-has-no-equipment-deal-143852323.html

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Dec 6 2016 1:22 PM

Pootick:
    I find it interesting that WGT sees these posts, but remain silent. I wonder why?

From WGT's news page: 

Get Nike Clubs 

Don't miss this last chance to get Nike clubs before they go away at the end of November!

Note, the level unlocks shown in the Pro Shop reflect the updated, lower levels.

What could be clearer? Or more confusing? Or just wrong.  I suppose it dosen't say which November. 

• TonyPiech
    216 Posts
    Tue, Dec 6 2016 3:20 PM

MainzMan:

Tony, please don't take this the wrong way but why are you so keen to be able to splash out either $6.50 or $7.00 for a sleeve of virtual balls?  It could be you're very well off in which case I withdraw any doubts I may have had about how worthwhile they would be to you.

However, if you don't have pots of money to throw at the game why not consider a much more reasonably priced ball such as the L33 Callaway? Once you learn to play this ball and know how it will react in any given situation I'm sure you could play as well with it as with anything else out there.

Playing, for want of a better word, "inferior" equipment but knowing exactly how to use it is better than using the best the pro shop has to offer and not being able to get the most out of it.

I don't spend any "real" dollars to buy balls or equipment.  I built-up my WGT credits to a large amount since starting play in December 2015, clicking the 2-Credit videos on my iPhone or iPad.  Within an hour I usually collect over 100 credits.  My bank of credits can fund Iron Sets, Drivers near the Level 100 range with several thousand credits remaining.  All of these funds were achieved by clicking on free credit videos.

Currently I play ranked rounds with a  L81 Nike ball,.. the Level 90 Nike ball has a slower meter along with more distance and spin, so currently that's my primary motive. I generally play ranked rounds with my L81 ball, and practice rounds on my iPad with WGT Starter Balls. My thinking is, if you can play with better balls and equipment with no out-of-pocket real dollars, then play with better balls/equipment.  We occasionally have tournaments at our club that require all to play with starter equipment/balls, there fun tournaments,... so we can do both.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Dec 6 2016 4:58 PM

TonyPiech:
    My thinking is, if you can play with better balls and equipment with no out-of-pocket real dollars, then play with better balls/equipment. 

Take it a step further--spend your credits on one ball and learn it inside and out across both platforms. Changing balls that frequently requires you to know how a lot of different shots act. Even the pros don't do that. 

The way to get good at this game is to know your equipment. Switching balls around is the easiest way to foul yourself up. What you know carries to both platforms so what you learn here applies there. Find a ball you like and make it your MainzMan. LOL    ;-)

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Tue, Dec 6 2016 10:16 PM

YJ is correct, but let me take it one step further.

The real deal is a happy marriage between balls and clubs. My ball of choice before getting the Vapors was the Volvik, but the meter was just a hair too fast for my liking with the Vapors. The Nike l61 ball is the perfect match for those clubs. Just bought another box of them.

• PAGES
RSS