4,182 Posts
    Mon, Dec 5 2016 4:36 PM

adaputter:

ive just looked a legend tier player

he as only had 240 ranked rounds

64 ave

and $34.81

am i missing something?

No you can also reach Legend by playing and beating other Legends and also from playing credit pay events . What was their career earnings if its high earnings then that would explain it . So you can play your way up the tiers by other than stroke play ranked rounds .

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Mon, Dec 5 2016 5:23 PM

I wanted to be a legend so I would get invited to games...back then, most lower tiers got booted. I was playing a lot of MP games, as well as stroke (hate stroke) to progress. I was then informed that I could make the last hump by beating higher tiers in MP (as Lonnie has stated).

Because I was a quick player and played so much MP...I was very competitive in that format. I set the clock to 30 secs, and was quite comfortable. Many of my opponents were not.

Voila, I made Legend.

I now play mostly alternate, 90 sec clock. Allows for chatting, etc.

I recently heard it could no longer be done through MP...so, I'm not sure what the drill is anymore.

I should add that top equipment wasn't as readily available to the lower tiers, as it is now. I would think some pretty low scores can be had from the short tees with top kit.

ct

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Mon, Dec 5 2016 6:04 PM

adaputter:

64 ave

I guess I'm missing something. It's possible to make Legend tier with 240 ranked rounds, even if one is only playing stroke play rounds. Granted, it might not be very likely. But it can be done.

• dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Mon, Dec 5 2016 8:31 PM

ct690911:
    I set the clock to 30 secs, and was quite comfortable. Many of my opponents were not.

So you win by not allowing opponents enough time to make the shot. Hmm, I would think you'd want their BEST round, being competitive 'n all

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Mon, Dec 5 2016 9:12 PM

Everything said about the different ways to make Legend is or at least was correct.  Finishing high or winning outright in a few of the WGT weekly/monthly tournaments as well as finishing high in your tier in a Virtual Tour event within a short period of time will (or at least would) see you advanced to the next tier.

I was advanced to Legend in September 2015, after i got 3rd place in the Valhalla Challenge (CTTH) as a TM.  This after I also had  2nd places in the Week 33 Best of Par 5 (August 10-16, 2015) and Week 34 Free Multi-round @ Pinehurst #2 (August 17-23, 2015) as a TM.  At that time my average was just above 63.So I know first hand how some of it worked then.  

Remember that to go from TM to Legend just by playing stroke play requires 50 ranked rounds as a TM and an average less than or equal to 61.  Total ranked rounds to advance from Hack to Legend is only 150.  So I guess it would be possible for someone to have 240 Ranked Rounds and an average of 64 and be a Legend.

phred952

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Tue, Dec 6 2016 3:53 AM

dchallenger:

ct690911:
    I set the clock to 30 secs, and was quite comfortable. Many of my opponents were not.

So you win by not allowing opponents enough time to make the shot. Hmm, I would think you'd want their BEST round, being competitive 'n all

Aren't you the one continually advising people to play "chumps" for credits? Ironic that you now find your moral compass.

Most shots don't take more than 30 secs, if there isn't a lot of chatter...I've seen players ruminate for 90 secs...even blow thru the timer, and still hit a crap shot.

30 secs was good for me...I invited and they agreed to it. If they invited, I would play in the conditions they set.

ct

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Tue, Dec 6 2016 4:41 AM

Robert1893:

adaputter:

64 ave

I guess I'm missing something. It's possible to make Legend tier with 240 ranked rounds, even if one is only playing stroke play rounds. Granted, it might not be very likely. But it can be done.

Not really that difficult. I got there under the old system, before RG and MP wins against higher tiers could tier you up. Took 5 months and 223 ranked rounds (150 was the minimum required). Wasn't difficult, I just played 2-3 hours aday, mostly practice MPs with friends. I played with all starter gear until I reached master tier, then got the G20 set, a putter and 4 Ping wedges (almost never used the 3w until I reached the tips) and started using better balls. It was funny, I figured out most of the game fairly quickly, but it took me almost a month to realise I can change the spin on my shots, lol.

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Tue, Dec 6 2016 4:52 AM

ct690911:

dchallenger:

ct690911:

Aren't you the one continually advising people to play "chumps" for credits? Ironic that you now find your moral compass.

ct

ps: I notice your last win was against a level 54 tour pro with low end equipment... umm, congratulations?

DC sure likes to talk shyte ;-) I'd personally like nothing more than to make his stats against higher tiers look even more pitiful, preferably with 4k on the line every time. Nothing like beating baggers like him. But sadly, he seems to carefully pick his opponents. Henry's alter ego?

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Dec 6 2016 5:16 AM

dchallenger:

I love when the hard of thinking post their incomplete thoughts and embarrass themselves. It gives the rest of us a good giggle.

dchallenged is right up their with the best of the forums shallow thinkers.

• PAGES
RSS