Forums

Help › Forums

CLASH BOYCOTT

Tue, Mar 27 2018 11:24 AM (45 replies)
  • apollo53
    14,205 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2016 2:06 PM

In case anyone is wondering, a majority of members from Majestic Mountain are boycotting this clash.

apollo53

• vitoandolini
    175 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2016 2:32 PM

I do not blame them one bit. I have not played a clash game in probably 6 months myself.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2016 2:46 PM

Our club does not boycott them, however the members seldom if ever play in them. And I have no qualms with players who like them and they do keep the coffers filling up.

Fundamentally they are so flawed, I think unless you are in a large club whose members are willing to flush credits down the drain, you would have to be barking mad to bother playing them. Even then, with the naff prizes, you still need your head examined,

There is no glory or Kudos that goes along with the clashes, probably the opposite.

They are not fair and equitable for smaller clubs and they are not based primarily on skill. Until those change (and real incentives to play) many members and clubs will refuse to play them.

The concept could have really worked, but concept and reality are miles apart in WGT terms. Add to that a dash of ignoring all the complaints, WGT missed a real opportunity to maximise the potential. Instead they alienated a lot of clubs and members.

• DrussTheLegend
    1,043 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2016 3:14 PM

Boycott would presume that you actually give a shite about them.

I have played in exactly one Clash - the first one to come out.  Realised pretty quickly it was all about spamming CC Passes and bigger club (member wise) is better... since then I have not bothered with Clashes at all (except for this post....)

Good concept from WGT POV - people blowing credits on Passes and balls.   The fact that they are still going 2+ years down the track just means that most people have more money than sense.

• Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2016 4:56 PM

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2016 6:37 PM

apollo53:
    In case anyone is wondering, a majority of members from Majestic Mountain are boycotting this clash.

No-one was..  ;)

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2016 7:15 PM

apollo53:

apollo53

^^^ more useful posted on the Georgian CC forum.

• twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2016 8:05 PM

There are many reasons to boycott the clash.

apollo53:

I am curious, considering the history, what is the particular reason that MM chooses to do so now?

• apollo53
    14,205 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2016 10:05 PM

The reasons are boundless.  Clashes are poorly managed, WGT is unresponsive, prizes are idiotic, etc.  I think the last few clashes left a bad taste in many mouths.  Since our club does not force anyone to do something other than to play, our participants are all doing it on their own.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2016 10:43 PM

apollo53:
    I think the last few clashes left a bad taste in many mouths.

The other 30+ are you meaning ? ;)

apollo53:
    Since our club does not force anyone to do something other than to play, our participants are all doing it on their own.

QUE ?

RSS