Forums

Help › Forums

Simplest Course

Tue, Jan 4 2022 2:58 PM (34 replies)
  • frisco8834
    33 Posts
    Wed, Nov 30 2016 3:26 PM

Best way to advance is to play same course to drive down scores through familiarity and repetition.

In the same vein, playing a simpler course regularly should help you drive your score down and advance levels faster.

I play St Andrews daily. Greens are huge and flat. Fairways wide open. Water and trees are not a factor.  Fescue and winds are testy.

Any recommendations for a simpler WGT course to play daily?

Thanks 

• SKrietz
    835 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2016 9:27 AM

The bad thing about that is you will reach higher tier and never learn all the courses from the easier conditions and try to play them from the back tees and get frustrated that you can't compete my 2 cents

• Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2016 9:31 AM

SKrietz:

The bad thing about that is you will reach higher tier and never learn all the courses from the easier conditions and try to play them from the back tees and get frustrated that you can't compete my 2 cents

^ That..

Too many single course merchants

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2016 9:40 AM

frisco8834:
    playing a simpler course regularly should help you drive your score down and advance levels faster.

Careful what you wish for!

You advance in tiers (not levels), but will you have any advantage?

Each to his own, but there's certainly no advantage to tier up too quickly and
    NOT rise in levels accordingly to have access to the equipment necessary to contend.

The journey is the reward!

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2016 9:43 AM

hi frisco,

looking at your cc 

125 memembers good going

1 question

why are they all at recruit?

try making them members and then set a cc tourney

my mother once said playing with youself all the time will make you go blind

ada

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2016 10:28 AM

Vaibhav5viv:

SKrietz:

^ That..

Too many single course merchants

I'll say! I played a TL a while back on PB front. I played well (6 under) and got beat by 2 shots.

When I checked her scores, I found that everything freaking one of them was on the front nine of that course.

Yeah, it got her promoted, but how boring must that be.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2016 11:24 AM

frisco8834:

Best way to advance is to play same course to drive down scores through familiarity and repetition.

In the same vein, playing a simpler course regularly should help you drive your score down and advance levels faster.

I play St Andrews daily. Greens are huge and flat. Fairways wide open. Water and trees are not a factor.  Fescue and winds are testy.

Any recommendations for a simpler WGT course to play daily?

Thanks 

This is the perfect recipe for never improving. Advising players to play only the easiest of courses is terrible advice.

Play ALL the courses and learn ALL the shots - players will then reap the benefits of putting in the hard yards.

But if you want easy as possible, just create red tee CC Comps, you will tier up and still be terrible at the game - but at least you can stroke your ego.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2016 12:28 PM

My advice, grow a pair and don't stick to playing a course that makes you feel like a baby suckling at the teat.

For feck's sake.  A post asking how to make this game as easy as possible?

Words almost fail me. 

Thankfully they don't. 

Please consider this when voting for the most pathetic OP of the year.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2016 12:30 PM

frisco8834:

Yup, if the goal is simply to advance, then that's the way to do it. And when I first started playing the game, that's what I did. What that means is I avoided the harder courses in order to get a lower average.

And as a number of people above me have already noted, that was exactly the wrong approach. So once I got to legend and decided that I was bored with St. Andrews, I wanted to play other courses. It was only then I found out that I had no idea how to play them.

A year later, I'm still trying to figure out the other courses. But I discovered the game is a lot more fun and interesting if you're not playing the same 9 holes over and over... and over. 

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2016 12:30 PM

WTF? A level 94 tour master is asking how to make the game easier?

Give up.  You're clearly utterly shite.

RSS