Forums

Help › Forums

Wind always in my face

Sat, Nov 26 2016 7:59 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • tubbytubb
    121 Posts
    Wed, Nov 23 2016 3:27 PM

How come ever time we play High wind, the wind is in my face on every hole except par 3's, and par 4's where you don't want a tail wind?  Should I clear my cache flash.  I used to enjoy this game, but the wtf shots are taking over.  I've sent messages to WGT, but they send me answers to someone else's question, but at least they do respond to me.  My buddy gets modded in the forums, and they don't respond to his questions.  This game used to be fun.  In silent protest, I am using much cheaper balls, and trying to play through.  I think the customer service here is run by.....  never mind!  It may be time for a break, just not having fun anymore, its a guessing game now.  Only one question in the post, and vent over.  WGT, you have a good product, but your customer service is.....  nevermind.

Sry for the rant to the Members of WGT

tubby

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Wed, Nov 23 2016 10:00 PM

Be careful what you wish for. Tailwinds are great for drives; headwinds get your approaches closer without rolling halfway to the 19th hole.

On approaches, give me a headwind and one more club any time.

• craigswan
    30,970 Posts
    Thu, Nov 24 2016 12:43 AM

animated-golf-image-0038animated-golf-image-0062

seems fine to me .

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Thu, Nov 24 2016 1:39 AM

K7JBQ:

Be careful what you wish for. Tailwinds are great for drives; headwinds get your approaches closer without rolling halfway to the 19th hole.

Agree, except when you shot from the rough (could appends).

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Thu, Nov 24 2016 4:22 AM

tubbytubb:

the wind is in my face on every hole except par 3's, and par 4's

Wouldn't it be easier to say on the par 5 holes?  : )

Clearing your cache won't make any difference to this though.

Customer service has always been a bit of a joke when it comes to their stock responses.  Apparently a random number generator chooses one of 6 answers and that's what you get.  The chances of it having anything at all to do with what you asked is unlikely.

If you're really getting sick of the game I'd suggest getting together with some friends and playing alt shot for a few days instead of your usual stroke play rounds.  Alt is just about having a laugh and is a great way to relax and not really give a damn when things go wrong.

• ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Thu, Nov 24 2016 4:36 AM

Well, there are different ways to react on heavy face winds. One is to turn around and play into the other direction. Another one is to breeze out very strong after the shot. To use a billiard-queue instead of a golf club could help, but then the round would last a little longer. Excuse me, this shall be no offence, I am just kidding.

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Fri, Nov 25 2016 10:24 AM

K7JBQ:

I second this notion. 

• Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Fri, Nov 25 2016 8:11 PM

K7JBQ:

This I'd say is true on very select holes like Merion #10.. TW is better most of the time.

• SlicedPepper
    796 Posts
    Fri, Nov 25 2016 9:05 PM

There are certain holes you can bet will always have headwinds in high wind conditions 90+% of the time.

St. Andrews par 5's come to mind.

But as K7JBQ said, club up. Those winds can be very helpful on a long iron shot.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Nov 26 2016 3:54 PM

Had one today. Last round of CC League competition. Back of RSG Medium (only mildly howling) wind. Head winds all the way. Was finishing 17 when it hit me. "You know you're going to have a tailwind on 18, right?"

Yep. Not enough to carry the bunkers, so layup time. 

• PAGES
RSS