Help › Forums

NEW COURSE OR FREE COURSES

Thu, Dec 1 2016 5:43 AM (45 replies)
  • phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Thu, Nov 17 2016 11:11 AM

LWhite3549:

phred952:

Sorry, but I would differ and say that lack of punctuation is definately for lazy people.

"Genius is one per cent inspiration and ninety-nine per cent perspiration."

You will note that there is a period after the word perspiration in your chosen sentence.  Find a paragrahp and quote it with all punctuation marks removed and see how much sense it will make.

At no time did I correct someones grammer (I am not and never have been a member of the Grammer Police).  I simply suggested that they confrom to the usual norms and use punctuation to mark the end of their sentences, thus making it easier to read and understand the point they were making.

Big difference.

i agree punctuation makes things easier to read. but implying that you can't decipher the meaning of somebodys post because there aren't commas or periods in the proper places. or that this letter "A" is somehow rude, while this letter "a" is acceptable is just ridiculous. it's just the letter A.  you guys have fun with your grammar, punctuation, spelling, social norms or whatever other supercilious rules you like. i'm out

I never attacked someone because they used the "A" instead of the "a".  I posted an example of just how hard it was to understand a run-on sentence without punctuation.  I didn't imply it, I said it clearly that it was hard to understand the point the poster was trying to make.  Even extra spaces between the sentences would have helped make it easier to read.

No one is forcing rules on you, except WGT.  In, out, whatever you prefer.  

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Nov 17 2016 11:17 AM

LWhite3549:
    or that this letter "A" is somehow rude, while this letter "a" is acceptable is just ridiculous.

That's the best refutation of a point never made that I've ever seen. Well done! :-) 

• WWilliams46
    91 Posts
    Thu, Nov 17 2016 7:11 PM

Well I shall try one last time with my very best punctuation !  Since we know that we will get Erin Hills as I stated in my original response post I would pose the question again to WGT - TOP GOLF as to if perhaps we could get a "Nation Only" free period for Cabo & Whistler or perhaps could you also explain for us that have heard all the rumors but have never seen an official statement as to why we only have CTTH on certain courses ?   I would submit that the game would be even more attractive to new business wit a few more courses.  Are they really that difficult to have or am I missing something ?  As a tourney director for my club I find it extremely difficult to keep interest in the same old same old and participation appears to be waning.  We need a jolt to peak some new interest.

And now that I am done venting to myself and probably very few other, thank you for your time and I hope a subsequent response.

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Fri, Nov 18 2016 10:54 AM

WWilliams46:

Well I shall try one last time with my very best punctuation !  Since we know that we will get Erin Hills as I stated in my original response post I would pose the question again to WGT - TOP GOLF as to if perhaps we could get a "Nation Only" free period for Cabo & Whistler or perhaps could you also explain for us that have heard all the rumors but have never seen an official statement as to why we only have CTTH on certain courses ?   I would submit that the game would be even more attractive to new business wit a few more courses.  Are they really that difficult to have or am I missing something ?  As a tourney director for my club I find it extremely difficult to keep interest in the same old same old and participation appears to be waning.  We need a jolt to peak some new interest.

And now that I am done venting to myself and probably very few other, thank you for your time and I hope a subsequent response.

A kingdom for a comma?

But all joking aside, it was the legendary Bubbadork, who summed it up the best, why the correct usage of caps and punctuation is needed.

And he did it with one sentence: "Jack! Off that horse!"

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Nov 18 2016 12:03 PM

mkrizan86:

But all joking aside, it was the legendary Bubbadork, who summed it up the best, why the correct usage of caps and punctuation is needed.

Bubbadork was good value.......and his presence is obviously missed as the standards have slipped......we would all be sitting in the naughty corner!

However these days, it has been accepted that if people writing CV's in TXT language is acceptable, I am sure a few commas do not really matter......so Jack off that horse is fine....just accept you have just become cannon fodder for the older generation.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Nov 18 2016 12:03 PM

mkrizan86:

Bubbadork was good value.......and his presence is obviously missed as the standards have slipped......we would all be sitting in the naughty corner!

However these days, it has been accepted that if people writing CV's in TXT language is acceptable, I am sure a few commas do not really matter......so Jack off that horse is fine....just accept you have just become cannon fodder for the older generation.

• tubbytubb
    121 Posts
    Fri, Nov 18 2016 3:23 PM

mkrizan86:

WWilliams46:

A kingdom for a comma?

Wayne is in my club.  He is my brother from another mother.  Please feel free to insert my comma's from my earlier post.  I put em there to be used.  LOL

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Mon, Nov 21 2016 7:03 AM

Oh , Fer cryin out loud , Grammer police , That's what we need ,   Ya'll are nuts !  With your commas and yer spelling , A capital "A"   What the H E double tooth Picks is that all about , Get over it ,  Here is a few commas you can borrow from me ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,   Well shoot, I recon I better study on it some more , O my goodness did I make a boo boo ?   Look I used a question mark , Golly gee ..   Spell check ....... If en you cant decifer this stuff I'm sorry .  I couldn't resist  , comma , I'm a so sorry . Period . End of sentence .. ....... .. !  exclamation .

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Nov 21 2016 7:14 AM

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Mon, Nov 21 2016 8:31 AM

CEverett12:
    Grammer police

It's "grammar". Unless you're talking about Frasier joining the force ;-)

RSS