627 Posts
    Fri, Nov 11 2016 9:52 PM

Grammar police

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Nov 11 2016 10:54 PM

jasongarner1995:
    LOL I LIKE CAPS KEYBOARD WORKS JUST FINE THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Maybe it works for you to write but not for me to read. I stop reading (and replying) after a max of 10 lines - the lack of punctuation and your unreasonableness shortens the number:

Good bye Jason.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Nov 11 2016 10:58 PM

BMX123:
    Grammar police

Not IMHO. It's a question of respect and consideration. CAPS ONLY makes it more difficult for us to read the questions and opinions. Why should we bother with that without being payed for it? Thus, obviously, the chances of replies are lowered by this habit.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sat, Nov 12 2016 12:00 AM

Rude behavior should always be called out.  Tolerating it simply encourages it to spread like a wild fire.  Or a disease.

• WWilliams46
    91 Posts
    Sat, Nov 12 2016 4:58 AM

What appears to be lost is one would think with the influx of Top Golf that we would be able to at a minimum get more than 1 course a year.  Even if it is Cabo or Whistler, or perhaps the full course of some of the CTTH courses.  Even the "Nation only" free period on the first 2 was a nice departure for a while from the norm.  I have paid the greens fees on many occasions simply to have something different to play. Anything is better than waiting a year between new courses.  Pebble was nice, Chambers, sure, but then nothing until mid 2017.

Just one mans humble opinion here but how about it WGT ???

WWIlliams46

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, Nov 12 2016 5:19 AM

BMX123:
    Grammar police

But this is not an instance of people being the "grammar police." Simply put: typing in all caps is incorrect and borderline rude to other participants, even if it is unintentional.

On an anonymous discussion board, I would think that people would be secure enough in themselves or have enough self awareness to simply reply, "Gosh, I didn't know that I was doing it wrong. My bad. Thanks for letting me know." 

• SwingingRoofer
    456 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2016 6:50 AM

o ya any reason for someone to stick there nose in it n tell u ur doing something wrong they will some need a life i think instead of correcting grammer ffs

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2016 6:59 AM

It's not correcting grammar. It's correcting behavior that's rude. I would think that people would like to know when they're doing something wrong so they can correct it. 

But I guess we've gotten to the point in society that we're simply suppose to affirm everyone rather than pointing out that what they're doing is not really appropriate.

Sigh.  

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Mon, Nov 14 2016 7:46 AM

SwingingRoofer:

o ya any reason for someone to stick there nose in it n tell u ur doing something wrong they will some need a life i think instead of correcting grammer ffs

you might consider punctuation in your run on sentences as the lack there of makes it very hard to comprehend what you are saying guess it happens because you are either more adept at reading this type fo stuff than the rest of us perhaps you have such an overwhelming busy life that you just cant spare the time to do such editing any social discourse needs to take place in the accepted norms dumming down is counterproductive e e cummings wasnt really that popular so channelling his work isnt going to make you a better communicator in the long run the rest of us probably have just as full of a life as you or anyone else for that matter so perhaps you need to get a grip on things and JUST STOP IT!!!

• Pissedoff666
    218 Posts
    Mon, Nov 14 2016 9:37 AM

You people have way to much time on your hands!! Lol....🕰

RSS