Forums

Help › Forums

Bali Hai

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 31 2009 1:06 PM (23 replies)
  • tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sun, Aug 23 2009 4:26 PM

I find it very disappointing that game play on this course has not improved at all since it was released in September 2008.  The same old quirks remain:  One square of the green lands like a sponge, the next one over like concrete.  Balls travel inordinate distances for the wind conditions.  The physics of the elevation changes are completely wrong.  The amount of deviation, even with the Ping G10 Master set, is far and above greater than on any other course or mode of play.

It's a real shame that this course has been left in such a state,  This was the course that pioneered WGT in the Charity Challenge days back in 2007.  It's a beautiful course, and I think if it's going to remain in the mix of courses offered by WGT (which I sincerely hope it will) , it needs to be brought up to the level of some of the others offered.  As the saying goes, "You're only as strong as your weakest link".

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Sun, Aug 23 2009 5:13 PM

Thank You Tibbets.! Thank You!

• pillsy
    489 Posts
    Sun, Aug 23 2009 6:12 PM

amen.

this CCTH plays like a mini-golf obstacle course.  only less predictable.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Aug 23 2009 10:26 PM

Of all the skill challenge venues, I find Bali Hai to be the best waste of my time and effort. My best score there is 87.45 and I have not a clue as to why, or how. There have been some curious changes on #1 and #2, which used to be automatic "heart thumpers" but no longer, and of course the ability to hit the driver off the deck at #3 and #8. But I still have zero control of outcome on this particular skill game. I have tried every club, punch shot and every % of hit value and find what was successful one time is not successful the next time. But to go beyond this I must ask myself why I play any of the skill games other than for fun. I have a great deal of crystal in my trophy case but not one dime of WGT credits to show for my trouble. Should not the great effort of good skill challange scores be rewarded with more than a chance to win a paltry 200 WGT credits given to one lucky player out of many thousands?

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Mon, Aug 24 2009 12:41 AM

Bali Hai is too nice of a course to just be played as a "mini golf game".! I have played it once in real life, while in Las Vegas. And it is a beautiful course, regardless of rates, and also, you can probably "stay and play, if you are staying at Mandalay Bay or maybe THE hotel.! Too nice of a course.! I still plan on going back.!

• pillsy
    489 Posts
    Mon, Aug 24 2009 7:32 AM

i don't even know if i want WGT to release this full course.  can you imagine putting these greens?  at least from how the ball reacts on the CTTH, they look like roller-coasters!

• lilmike24
    185 Posts
    Mon, Aug 24 2009 7:58 AM

That did bother me when i played the charity challenge. But what i like about the charity challenge is that you got the irons they are making us buy now, for free!!!! the same high spin rate very precise low frogivness irons. But they were only taylormade.

• drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2009 6:08 PM

@ lilmike

Charity event? Thought those were a long time ago. When did you play these? I've been a member since feb 09 and have never played one of those. You've been a member since jul. 09 and have ?  Only 1 account allowed per person ring a bell ?

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2009 6:13 PM

Hmmmmm. something smells as fishy as that bass that mr mike iaconelli is holding in your pic. what does that make???? Hmmmm. 3...even 4 maybe? 

charity events as drivn said were even before my day.

:(

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2009 6:26 PM

If there was a charity event, when was that?? And how long has Bali Hai been open to the CTTH

RSS