Help › Forums

Lay-A-Way

rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 3 2016 11:06 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • kelly489
    436 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2016 9:25 AM

how about a lay a way program for Nike products. Those of us that really want the Nike clubs could pay for them now and only take possession after we reach the proper level. For instance I am almost a level 91, but not close enough to 95 to be able to make the needed levels by the end of December. I would gladly pay for the clubs and irons now, and only accept delivery after attaining the needed levels, 92, 93, 94 and 95 for the respective clubs. It would give you more sales, and give many of us a chance to get in on the excellent Nike clubs at the same level that those at a slightly higher now will be able to. Not to speak of fairness but to allow some to get level 100 clubs early, while denying others the same right is not fair.....can you tell I have been including those Nike clubs in my long term plans? Shame to waste all those plans,loblolly ...just an idea to make you more money and me to get my dream clubs.

Tom ⛳️🏌

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2016 11:11 AM

kelly489:

how about a lay a way program for Nike products. Those of us that really want the Nike clubs could pay for them now and only take possession after we reach the proper level. For instance I am almost a level 91, but not close enough to 95 to be able to make the needed levels by the end of December. I would gladly pay for the clubs and irons now, and only accept delivery after attaining the needed levels, 92, 93, 94 and 95 for the respective clubs. It would give you more sales, and give many of us a chance to get in on the excellent Nike clubs at the same level that those at a slightly higher now will be able to. Not to speak of fairness but to allow some to get level 100 clubs early, while denying others the same right is not fair.....can you tell I have been including those Nike clubs in my long term plans? Shame to waste all those plans,loblolly ...just an idea to make you more money and me to get my dream clubs.

Tom ⛳️🏌

In all fairness is it fair to those of us who have played the required levels  to get the clubs to now see those clubs lowered levels . How much lower should WGT have to go . The clubs will be removed from the pro shop at the end of the month so you have until then . Your suggestion is foolish every one will get the clubs that are able too and if WGT had not lowered the levels you would not have had a chance anyway so whats the difference ? Get the L90+ T/M irons they are just as good and without the wait .

• AEubanks2
    3 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2016 11:20 AM

kelly489:

Not to speak of fairness but to allow some to get level 100 clubs early, while denying others the same right is not fair....

What does this mean? And I highly doubt WGT would ever implement a 'lay-away' option, as said by previous poster it would be unfair for everyone who had to attain the levels before buying the clubs.

• ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2016 11:28 AM

Look on the bright side, if WGT replace all the Nike equipment with something else (I'm not saying they will, but they haven't said they're not going to), that something else might be equally as good or even better than the Nike stuff. 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2016 11:35 AM

I really wouldn't worry about it. As the poster above notes, there's already an alternative. Moreover, WGT will have to replace them with something. WGT is not going to leave a hole there because it means lost revenue.

But let's say that they do as you suggest and let you pay now and then take delivery at a later date. What happens if they then have a product you more prefer? Are you going to say "Wait a second... I want my credits back so that I can purchase these newer clubs?" 

The proposal is extremely problematic.  

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2016 12:16 PM

Robert1893:
    Wait a second... I want my credits back so that I can purchase these newer clubs?" 

The proposal is extremely problematic.  

Not really. I think it's a good idea as long as one understands you bought them, you own them and they're worth 25% on a return. What does WGT have to lose?

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2016 2:17 PM

YankeeJim:
    you bought them, you own them

Not quite true.....we never actually own anything at WGT.

For this reason I persevered with starters kit until I finally made master - the idea of spending on pixels that I will never own was hard to comprehend lol.

With hindsight, I wish I had upgraded earlier.

Also that 25% return is never actually cash for your pocket, just credits for a future in-game purchase.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2016 2:40 PM

alanti:
    Not quite true.....we never actually own anything at WGT.

Euphemistically speaking, the point being the money's gone even if you change your mind.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2016 3:33 PM

YankeeJim:
    Not really. I think it's a good idea as long as one understands you bought them, you own them and they're worth 25% on a return. What does WGT have to lose?

The hassle of having to potentially deal with a bunch of customer service issues from people who have buyer's remorse. Additionally, WGT would have to find a way to put them in the player's inventory without them being able to be equipped until the player reaches the required level. 

The whole thing seems like too much of a hassle for WGT. And besides, they have to believe that most of the players are probably going to upgrade at some point in the future anyway. I don't see where WGT has much to gain.  

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2016 3:46 PM

One decisive point in their earnings is players who buy one item, only to discover the next, "better" item the other day. Thus it might be quite profitable to sell the Nike clubs' licences now for use in the future, hoping that the players might instead want the upcoming new stuff later (having paid for old equipment before). It might turn out as a win-win situation, those who stick with the Nikes get what they want, and WGT cashes in twice from the undecisive...

But, probably, the software changes (and the subsequent repairs) would eat up the profit :(

• PAGES
RSS