Forums

Help › Forums

My suggestions

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 2 2016 6:45 AM (7 replies)
  • JasCooper
    528 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 8:44 PM

ive got lots of suggestions on how to improve this game. Some obvious. Others open to debates. But, from time to time, I'm going to stop,by and post them; and you guys can either agree, or organize a mob to lynch me.

I won't unload them all at once, but one or two at a time.

i play the mobile app, so if it's different for browser players, let us know.

The first is an easy one, and I'd love to hear a response from WGT on this one. 

When you're going to offer a 50% XP bonus point promotion, it would help if you announced it before it started instead of the Monday after it ends.. I played a round Saturday afternoon, and when they displayed the points and how I earned them, and there was the "50% promotion bonus" on one of the screens.

You couldn't have told me Thursday so I could spend the weekend binging on BoP3 tournaments. Or post a few yourself, since the club I just quit didn't have the stones to quite figure out that it was a way to garner points for the club, and didn't bother to listen to me when I suggested it.  

But nooooooo! Sunday at 11p.m. Up pops a screen that says play a round and get a 50% bonus.

Almost as good as the FBI posting news that while they were looking for information about Anthony Weiner's pedophilic proclivities, they might have found some Hillary emails in amongnst the sexting that might or might not have be top secret. 

A week before the election. And a subject, being weiner's wiener, something that could hardlt be considered a secret of any value whatsoever. 

To summarize: announce promotions before they begin. Not after they're over.

More to come. If you like my suggestions, click 'like'..oops! Wrong spot. Click "Email me replies to this post". That way, you get your response and others in triplicate. If you don't, there's no telling how many copies you might get...

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2016 4:49 AM

Not to jump on you, but this is one reason it makes sense to check the WGT News every day.  I know it seems to seldom change, but they do post things like the XP bonus there when first available.  

There also might have been en e-mail about this,.  I can't say for sure as I delete them after reading, but I got something Saturday if I remember correctly.  Depending on the little pop ups is risky, as there are so many of them that you see in rotation.

phred952

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2016 6:01 AM

JasCooper:
    But nooooooo! Sunday at 11p.m. Up pops a screen that says play a round and get a 50% bonus.

First, it was posted on Saturday and was a two-day promotion. And second, WGT provides a nice promotion and you're going to complain about how the news was delivered to you?

By the way, you might want to read the posting guidelines. Politics is off the table, and you can make your point without inserting the topic into it. Jus' sayin'. 

• JasCooper
    528 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2016 2:18 PM

I play on an iPad. Not as easy to get to the forumsfor daily news.

wgt does however, send emails; often in triplicate, that I do got. And I do read,

They could easily annoincue an upcoming promotion in an a email. Maybe even in bold type. 

There should be a way to let memembers know what they'd like timfind out about without turning it into a treasure hunt.

or maybe even have separate forums or mailing lists that are pertinent to mobile users or browser users without dumping them in yer same bucket.

but, that's just my opinion ion.

None of the 150 memembers of my country club knew about the 50% promo until I pointed it out on Saturday night. So, you're saying 149mpeople neglected to do what they should have? 

• JasCooper
    528 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2016 2:23 PM

And, to be clear, I really enjoy WGT. But that doesn't mean the many members should remain silent. Or if the have a suggestion to improve the game, not present it for discussion. 

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2016 3:07 PM

JasCooper:

You couldn't have told me Thursday so I could spend the weekend binging on BoP3 tournaments. Or post a few yourself, since the club I just quit didn't have the stones to quite figure out that it was a way to garner points for the club, and didn't bother to listen to me when I suggested it.  

JasCooper:

None of the 150 memembers of my country club knew about the 50% promo until I pointed it out on Saturday night. So, you're saying 149mpeople neglected to do what they should have? 

Soooooo, then you did know about it on Sat. like everyone else? Or was it Sun at 11pm?

Never the less, make all the suggestions you want, and good luck with that, I'm sure they are overwhelmed with anticipation waiting for you to release another gem like this one!

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2016 4:43 PM

JasCooper:
    I play on an iPad. Not as easy to get to the forumsfor daily news.

Do you also use your iPad exclusively to post to the discussion boards?

And as an aside, if I recall correctly, the announcement came up on my iPad when I launched the app on Saturday. I think a lot (if not all) announcements of promotions automatically pop up on the iPad when you launch the app. At least, that's been my experience.  

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2016 6:45 AM

I can't speak to the mobile aspect as far as how hard or easy it is to do certain things. If all those people didn't know, I have to ask do all of them play on mobile?  I think not.  Too many people don't take advantage of what is available to them, and then cry foul that things aren't fair.  For those of you who haven't figured it out, life isn't fair.

It shows up in the Forum with people posting the same questions over and over instead of using the search function.  After a while people respond to a question again and again.  Some peolpe are too quick to not use all capabilities available to them.

Robert1893 brings up a good points.  Do you use your iPad to post to the forum all the time?  If you are willing to expend the effort so you can post why can't you make the effort to look at news on a daily basis?  Also when did you find out, Saturday or Sunday?

As I said the first time, I am fairly sure (but not 100% certain) that i got an e-mail from WGT on Saturday announcing the XP bonus.  I can't look again, as I delete everything that WGT sends after reading.  And some of it without reading, like Tournament Confirmations for example.

We're supposed to be responsible adults, who shouldn't need to be led around by the hand by big brother WGT.  Sorry Jas, but you and your club members need to take some initiative.  If WGT did this without posting the news then you would have a better point.

Also, this sight needs to be a political free zone, especially this election year, as we are bombarded by the media.

phred952

RSS