Help › Forums

*** We would like your feedback - New Game Idea ***

Tue, Jun 30 2020 5:07 AM (201 replies)
  • thesupernova
    7,331 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2016 11:12 PM

pierolitfiba:

Simple

So we buy more different clubs to partecipate in those tournaments involving the use of those clubs 

Outstandung WGT,you try again to scrub our money and treat us like idiots.

ha ha ha ha

If the shoe fits..DUH.

Read the first page, top paragraph.

The mode involves creating either tournaments or multiplayer games with all parties being forced to use same clubs/balls. Once the tournament or round is over, those clubs will be removed from your inventory. You would not need to buy them, but rather we will auto equip/remove the clubs from your account automatically.

Thanks for the laugh.

• sdorr
    650 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2016 11:26 PM

YankeeJim:

11BC2:
    Then I have no clue what you were alluding too in your previous post.

Walking back.......The original idea was to have all players in a game using the same equipment. The host sets the equipment.

What was left unsaid in the original idea was whether or not lower level players would be able to use upper level equipment they normally wouldn't have access to, by way of the host's choice.

Thank you for a simple answer! All I wanted to know Jim. As always, you are well informed. Have a nice day!

• thesupernova
    7,331 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2016 11:55 PM

Romax:
    Wow.... This has turned into yet another bickering..b itching...my Dad is bigger than your Dad fiasco.

OMG ,Ross you got that right !

And  same familiar the glass is half empty ,always complaining  faces.

Too bad there isn't a mute button to those who always derail posts and get off point.

You know who they are.

The usual suspects and pudknockers

LOL

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Thu, Nov 3 2016 12:28 AM

all use the same tee's, same green speed?  if that would be the case i say hurry up. my nickle.

• craigswan
    30,973 Posts
    Thu, Nov 3 2016 1:02 AM

The supernova is available for bar mitzvah's and water balloon tossing .

Being a Chicago cubs cheerleader she also has experience of guessing who's the baby .

Go girl .

• binkybaxter1
    1,556 Posts
    Thu, Nov 3 2016 1:29 AM

very good idea

mite be better with lower level equipment

bring the wee guys up level

(bit like F1 put the back guy in the best car + then you mite actually get something remotely interesting)

binky :)

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Thu, Nov 3 2016 1:44 AM

alcaucin:

TWOMINUSONE:
    I honestly havent got the time to read all the posts in this thread,

TWOMINUSONE:
    Is there a cost of credits to a player who doesnt have said clubs in their inventory?

Just read the 1st TWO pages mate......

Otherwise..u shud STFU too ??

( srry man )  ;)))

Enough idiotic posts here already ?

Andy

I actually read the first 3 pages before i posted. No answers to those questions in there. If ya have nothing constructive to say, then keep yer nose out, knob jockey.

• VanMeerV
    992 Posts
    Thu, Nov 3 2016 3:48 AM

It is a good idea to come up with new ways to keep the people, to bad the old ways are still existing, like glitches. I leveled up yesterday and you allowed me to rent a putter for 1 hour , however the sale price last for 24, not sure what you expect in a hour of trial. Friends list, cant have over 200, but yet you allow cc to have 250 members, work with facebook to get them issued fixed. get your servers updated.  

There are plenty of crashes, web browsers wont work in wgt, and so forth, heck just check my emails over the last 2 years.

Please fix the old issues before creating new issues,

Vic

• DarkenRahl
    2,115 Posts
    Thu, Nov 3 2016 4:34 AM

I have to vote yes and put this idea out there again...

DarkenRahl:

I proposed something a while back about and then read something recently that got me thinking about it again. I have long wanted a set of vintage style clubs (persimmon woods and blade irons) and suggested a Master tier set similar to the very reasonable WGT Pro set a while back.  Then I was reading an old article where Johnny Miller was discussing iron play and how back in his playing days he wasn't just killing the ball and only hit his 9 iron 125 yards. 6 iron 160, and 4 iron 185.  I started playing around from those numbers as a base and then hit on the big idea that I didn't have previously.  

The idea is rather simple - offer more than just a full set of clubs like the Pro Set but give options on how the set is configured to replicate different periods in the game.  For example, players like Jack Nicklaus and Arnold  Palmer in their heyday used a driver, 3 wood, and 1 iron - sand wedge or maybe swapped a third fairway wood in for a long iron - but the idea of the 3rd wedge wasn't brought in until Tom Kite started carrying one in the 80s.    By offering more than just 13 clubs you allow the idea of era based competitions and competitions with equal equipment with a higher level of precision equipment than the starter clubs. 

For example, picture the clubs below with 3-3.5  precision, 1.5 forgiveness, and 2-2.5 spin with a trajectory similar to the level 59 g20s and a meter between 3 and 3.5 throughout the set.

Driver  265 yds

3 wood 235 yds

4 wood 218 yds

1 iron 222 yds

2 iron 210 yds

3 iron 197 yds

4 iron 185 yds (JM yardage here)

5 iron 172 yds

6 iron 160 yds (JM yardage here)

7 iron 148 yds

8 iron 137 yds

9 iron 125 yds (JM yardage here)

Pitching wedge 105 yds

Sand Wedge 85 yds

Lob Wedge  60 yds

and could also add in a vintage putter (8802 or Bullseye lookalike)  with 3 precision, 1.5 forgiveness and 3 balance and a 4.5 meter  with increments that are a bit off like 10, 40, 80, 160, 300.

To keep the tournament field level, Vintage tourneys could require the use of a WGT ball.  Players who wanted to slow the meter using GI3 series balls while those who wanted more performance could use the SD balls.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Nov 3 2016 5:01 AM

11BC2:
    The problem starts when YOU make an attempt to draw your own conclusion and refuse to believe anything which doesn't fit into whatever it is you think to be correct.

WTF is this blather all about?

11BC2:
    was most definitely ON TOPIC

You weren't even close. Where did gifting anything come into play in this thread? To quote you from page 10 and your non-answer to what I asked........

"Lower accounts should NEVER be allowed to gift balls/clubs/equipment to anyone."

What exactly does that have to do with the topic at hand, genius?

RSS