Forums

Help › Forums

*** We would like your feedback - New Game Idea ***

Tue, Jun 30 2020 5:07 AM (201 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2016 8:23 AM

11BC2:
    A level 110 player using 32 Level clubs will absolutely thrash a level 32 player who is used to those clubs. 

I didn't see any level restriction in the original idea. What about the reverse? Level 32 swinging Level 100 clubs? Heh, how long would it take to get to 32 on another account and then go looking for high level players? And so on.........

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2016 9:00 AM

lonniescott711:

Fix existing game issues first before adding this type of program to the game . Spend the time working on the new replacement clubs after you remove Nike from the pro shop . Would rather have new gear in pro shop and clubs that I control in my inventory .

Or how about adding the same control features to the game client as in the country clubs so that players can set up ranked rounds anyway they want to . Give them the ability to setup stroke play A/S or M/P like the country events .

Also add the practice setting to the CTTH courses so players can use the CTTH courses in practice mode . So here`s 3 good ideas that could be done instead to make the game more fun and would require less programming or stress and complaints from the players .

Almost forgot while you are at it how about finally turning off the caddy function on and around the greens .So sick and tired of the game changing my putting increments when on the green . Let the players have full control of their clubs and shot selections and not the game .

• sdorr
    650 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2016 9:26 AM

PaulTon:

Here's my thruppence ha'penny's worth guvnor...

Not that exactly of course, they are real clubs, I just added the balls, some text an

Perhaps I have missed one of the obvious questions here, and that would not be surprising to anyone, but as the picture above suggests, everyone, and I mean everyone, gets the exact same set of clubs, correct? Question is this, I played three (3) wedges in my bag and fully rely on them, under your new system, would I still have that option to play the wedges or have to play a "regulation set"? (whatever club that is? You have to drop one to get the third wedge). I suppose that if all parties involved in a potential match had the option to choose to play with (3) wedges, great. Otherwise, gonna have some reedumacation-learnings to do for allot of some old timer folks here and it would be a hoot.

Have a nice day!

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2016 9:55 AM

YankeeJim:

11BC2:
    A level 110 player using 32 Level clubs will absolutely thrash a level 32 player who is used to those clubs. 

I didn't see any level restriction in the original idea. What about the reverse? Level 32 swinging Level 100 clubs? Heh, how long would it take to get to 32 on another account and then go looking for high level players? And so on.........

Imho this is an easy fix that should have been implemented years ago.  Lower accounts should NEVER be allowed to gift balls/clubs/equipment to anyone.  Or at the very least, within only a few/several levels.  They could always push this further and make it mandatory to also get verified in conjunction with a much tighter "gift" window.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2016 10:32 AM

Stobsbee:

zagraniczniak:
    For example, if the wind is blowing off of the Firth of Forth onto the St Andrew's course
    The wind blowing on the Firth Of Forth would have very little to no bearing on the wind blowing at St. Andrews. They are approx 40 miles apart.

I just like the sound of "Firth of Forth."

• thesupernova
    7,331 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2016 12:34 PM

I'm always in for trying something new.

When you say the same clubs, I am assuming you mean any and all of the clubs in the wgt inventory 

ranging from starter clubs up to the top premium clubs

Having to adjust to a different set of clubs would be a challenge and get the brain juices flowing.

In reality the only way to see how people will like is to have them try it.

When it comes to something new and innovative you'll get your detractors but you might just win them over when they give it a try.

On a positive note this could showcase clubs to the lower tier player who doesn't have top clubs.

and will be privy to different clubs..

A type of free rental so too speak.

Give it a go you'll never know till you put the premise into practical  use.

Smiles 

Allie

• thesupernova
    7,331 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2016 12:48 PM

lonniescott711:
    Almost forgot while you are at it how about finally turning off the caddy function on and around the greens .So sick and tired of the game changing my putting increments when on the green . Let the players have full control of their clubs and shot selections and not the game .

Having different club options is apart of the game as is the scale of putting.

Yes, I've had a 14 foot putt and didn't look at the scale and watched the ball zoom by the hole at light speed I wasn't paying attention,thought my putting scale was 15  but  the scale was set  30 feet.

It takes 5 seconds to check the club  or the putting scale the "caddy" gives you.

Anyone who has had a OMG moment has had that happen .The problem ?Lack of paying attention

The club selection and scale is a suggestion.It's up to the player to make their correct choice

It's all part of the game.

Smiles 

Allie

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2016 1:07 PM

thesupernova:

lonniescott711:

Having different club options is apart of the game as is the scale of putting.

Yes, I've had a 14 foot putt and didn't look at the scale and watched the ball zoom by the hole at light speed I wasn't paying attention,thought my putting scale was 15  but  the scale was set  30 feet.

It takes 5 seconds to check the club  or the putting scale the "caddy" gives you.

Anyone who has had a OMG moment has had that happen .The problem ?Lack of paying attention

The club selection and scale is a suggestion.It's up to the player to make their correct choice

It's all part of the game.

Smiles 

Allie

Which is a suggestion that we dont need . Players begged WGT for about 3 years for an option to turn off the caddy . From tee to fairway the caddy option doesnt work when turned off . On and around the greens though is a different story . Its a suggestion that I for one dont need or like . The option to not have the caddy should extend to on and around the greens as well and not just from tee to fairway but for the whole round .

• razza31
    703 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2016 2:35 PM

alcaucin:
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ missed the point of the comp completely  ?

Missed Icon's post Andy? ;) Its not just a single comp but a game set up feature akin shot clock to be used for both tournaments and multiplayer games.

Couple of people earlier voiced reservations if these would be used in credit play. I merely replied obviously it would.. You don't think WGT would be handing out free rentals now would they ;)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2016 2:44 PM

11BC2:
    Imho this is an easy fix that should have been implemented years ago.  Lower accounts should NEVER be allowed to gift balls/clubs/equipment to anyone.

What's to fix, nobody's gifting anything or even talking about it. This has nothing to do with the idea put forth by Icon. 

RSS