Forums

Help › Forums

Loosing Balls during "Dial-in" tests

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 2 2016 1:46 PM (27 replies)
  • Wheels65
    744 Posts
    Sun, Oct 30 2016 2:33 PM

Bought Nike Vapor (L95) clubs yesterday. 25 minutes ago went to BPB (B9) to "dial them in".

On the second hole (11) hit a 4 Iron toward the pin & recorded the numbers. Moved the aiming triangle back toward the Tee Box - hit the ball - & IT WENT OVER THE PIN "OUT OF BOUNDS".  Said to myself, "OK you messed up, let's do it again!"  SAME THING HAPPENED AGAIN. THE BALL WENT IN A DIRECTION OPPOSITE OF WHERE I AIMED!.

Look at my record, I don't comp[lain very often - BUT HERE I'M GONNA!

This "GLITCH" cost me 2 Callaway l33+ balls AND IT WAS NOT MY ERROR.

Please fix the programming error and replace my 2 balls.

Thanks in advance.

PS Still intend to do the "Dial-in" so fixing the program will REALLY be appreciated!

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Sun, Oct 30 2016 2:59 PM

"Loosing" ?

You've never had much of a sense of humour, but you at least had a reasonable command of the language.

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Sun, Oct 30 2016 3:13 PM

Wheels65:
    Bought Nike Vapor (L95) clubs yesterday. 25 minutes ago went to BPB (B9) to "dial them in".

On the second hole (11) hit a 4 Iron toward the pin & recorded the numbers. Moved the aiming triangle back toward the Tee Box - hit the ball - & IT WENT OVER THE PIN "OUT OF BOUNDS".  Said to myself, "OK you messed up, let's do it again!"  SAME THING HAPPENED AGAIN. THE BALL WENT IN A DIRECTION OPPOSITE OF WHERE I AIMED!.

Well, that really stinks.

The other day, on two different rounds, I put two balls into the burn on the 1st hole of St. Andrews. I can't remember the last time I even lost one ball there. The interesting part is that each round had opposite winds but they went into the burn at the same spot.

So on the third time playing, I completely shanked it into the other side. Three rounds; three lost balls. I don't think I did that since I first started playing the game. I convinced myself that sleeve of balls was cursed, and I was better off without them. :-) 

By the way, I just sent you a sleeve of L33 Callaways. In solidarity and enjoy! 

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Sun, Oct 30 2016 3:50 PM

Maybe this happened?

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Sun, Oct 30 2016 4:46 PM

I can't replicate it, but I have had situations happen to where the aim sticks to the mouse cursor without holding down the mouse button.

Very infrequent, it may be after an accidental right click while moving the aim.  I know I am not able to release the swing if I have clicked the right while swinging.  Have to wait for it to time out and release the swing itself.

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Sun, Oct 30 2016 5:01 PM

Not sure about it being a glitch as I have never seen this occur, unless the aim marker is accidently moved when zooming ahead.

Also the caddy is notorious for giving way too much club on this hole (and #3 on OLY). If you forget or accidently scroll, the result will be OB long.

Regardless worth a vent as it is very frustrating when something like that happens.

• crazygolf32
    109 Posts
    Sun, Oct 30 2016 6:36 PM

Too many glitches and bugs at the moment avartar facing the wrong way to hit the ball?wind not working as it should or having very little effect? clubs that hit 190yards and only reaching 170 in play and practice?  220 iron hitting 272 off a tee with a 2mph wind? Getting disconnected in matchplay games and losing credits or so called disconnected but you can still chat? 

Come on (wgt)  fix up the problems program, getting beyond stupid, never had so much rubbish. do any of these bugs happen to anyone else? 

Thanks 

Simon (crazygolf32)

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Sun, Oct 30 2016 8:30 PM

crazygolf32:

Too many glitches and bugs at the moment avartar facing the wrong way to hit the ball?wind not working as it should or having very little effect? clubs that hit 190yards and only reaching 170 in play and practice?  220 iron hitting 272 off a tee with a 2mph wind? Getting disconnected in matchplay games and losing credits or so called disconnected but you can still chat? 

Come on (wgt)  fix up the problems program, getting beyond stupid, never had so much rubbish. do any of these bugs happen to anyone else? 

Thanks 

Simon (crazygolf32)

Granted the lefty avatar cropped up immediately after the last update...but does not seem to affect the game.

Wind seems the same to me, on all the courses so this is not something I have noticed.

Club distance is affected by many things, spin, wind, elevations etc, so I cannot comment on your shots, but generally I can hit a 3 iron off the tee and will hit 240 yards plus....however if that catches the down slope of a bank, especially on a links course, this will add 30 yards.

Perhaps I have been lucky in match play and multiplayer games, but it has been ages since I had a disconnect, whereas a while back the game was nearly unplayable in multiplayer games.

So at the moment, I can easily handle the "lefty" issue as for me, the game is running pretty smoothly.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sun, Oct 30 2016 9:41 PM

Yes, the avatar is backwards a lot lately. Hit the reverse camera and the situation resolves itself instantly Not a big deal.

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 3:34 AM

K7JBQ:

Yes, the avatar is backwards a lot lately. Hit the reverse camera and the situation resolves itself instantly Not a big deal.

Mine was backwards during an approach shot. Normally, it whips around to the correct side when the ball is struck...this time it didn't.

ct

ergo: OB=lost ball...yada yada

RSS