Forums

Help › Forums

lvl 92 Fly Pro vs lvl 95 Vapor

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 11 2016 8:12 PM (20 replies)
  • Pkvir
    32 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2016 12:26 PM

Now that both sets are available to me, and I plan to purchase one, which would you recommend?  I know the lvl 92 has a slower meter, and the lvl 95 has better precision and forgiveness.

If you have played them both, what are your thoughts?

Thank you.

• DrussTheLegend
    1,043 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2016 3:49 PM

I too am interested in anyone's views.  Was a few thousand XP short of lvl 97 when I would have bought the Fly Pro anyway - but now that even the next set are available to me - I would like to know if there is much actual difference.  

I can see that the Vapor's have better forgiveness and a slower meter (actually the Meter speed is slower than my current Taylor Made's and will be equal to my driver so maybe that might lead me to go for the higher level Vapor's)

Anyway - anyone who has played with both got any thoughts?

• MFuston
    439 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2016 5:52 PM

Hey guys, I've owned both sets, and although the difference in forgiveness is noticeable (the vapor's are better there), the slower meter is also noticeable (the Fly Pro's win this one).  These two sets are VERY similar, and in my opinion, you can't go wrong with either.  You might ask 10 people and get 10 different answers, but I personally opted for the slower meter and kept the Fly Pros, because although the forgiveness is not quite as good, I ding way more shots with them due to the slower meter.  Plus, they're prettier!  Lol just my take!

• Pkvir
    32 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2016 4:52 AM

MFuston:

Hey guys, I've owned both sets, and although the difference in forgiveness is noticeable (the vapor's are better there), the slower meter is also noticeable (the Fly Pro's win this one).  These two sets are VERY similar, and in my opinion, you can't go wrong with either.  You might ask 10 people and get 10 different answers, but I personally opted for the slower meter and kept the Fly Pros, because although the forgiveness is not quite as good, I ding way more shots with them due to the slower meter.  Plus, they're prettier!  Lol just my take!

Thanks for your input Mike. I'm torn as to which to buy.

• peoch
    1,127 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2016 9:17 AM

Two very good set`s of irons, i have played them bouth. My to c will b go for the slower meter.

• gatorman66
    307 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2016 9:38 AM

I own the Lvl 92 irons but rented the Lvl 95 irons yesterday.In my honest opinion the differences between the two are so slight it's not noticeable.Both are great sets and i believe you'll be very happy with either set

Cheers.....Blake

• MFuston
    439 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2016 4:18 PM

gatorman66:
    Both are great sets and i believe you'll be very happy with either set

Agreed

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2016 7:09 PM

Pkvir:
    It's no contest.  The 95's shred on the 92's.  That .1 precision and .5 forgiveness add up miles and miles over time.  The .5 slower meter of the 92's in no way makes up the difference here.

Need more convincing?  Check out the top 15 on the money list.  14 out of 15 guys use the higher level Nikes (1 solo 92 user and I'm guessing he's confused ^^).

• Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2016 9:53 PM

11BC2:

Pkvir:
    It's no contest.  The 95's shred on the 92's.  That .1 precision and .5 forgiveness add up miles and miles over time.  The .5 slower meter of the 92's in no way makes up the difference here.

Need more convincing?  Check out the top 15 on the money list.  14 out of 15 guys use the higher level Nikes (1 solo 92 user and I'm guessing he's confused ^^).

I'd have the L95s unlocked tomorrow and no doubt I'll go with the 95s.. The bigger question in my mind is whether to wait for BB or R1 or buy the L95 driver.

Apart from its hideous look, its also with meter speed 4, which would be too slow..

• MFuston
    439 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2016 10:21 PM

RSS