Sat, Dec 3 2016 8:52 PM (254 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 4:00 PM

Ok, Francois, come and get it.  :-)

• tygerjr
    722 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 4:01 PM

gordonparker and i played , i squeked by 1up on 1 extra hole.

it  could have gone either way , fun match... thx

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 4:12 PM

foot note  ,    see how good friends are l. Jim and I    will have our Match,  win or loose  Jim  and I   are winners    for Andyson. 

• gordonparker
    823 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 4:55 PM

myself and tygerjr played our 2nd round match, I lost on the first extra hole, not the greatest of golf hardly any birdies in the match. I decided to bottle it and bogey the last and the first extra hole BUT at the end of the day im playing in the memory of andyson! thank you so very much or hosting this, I shall be following this thread till the very end!

RIP ANDYSON

cheers gordon

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 4:57 PM

We got it in but it took me 10 holes to set the Frenchman right. LOL Always a good time playing with Francois but this time was somewhat sad for the memories of Andyson.

Long live the memories.  :-)

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 6:36 PM

Jimbog and Miokontic are sorting out when to play, they have an eleven hour time difference so if they get theirs played before Thursday I'm happy.

This 1st round matchplay could not  have gone any better from my perspective and that is down to you guys getting your games scheduled and played so promptly.

I think the rest of it will run itself , Im getting quite excited by a competitive edge that's creeping into things.

I've got a Champion (Twinponds) next round who doesn't like the course we're playing on.

Did I mention how we picked the courses for the matchplay rounds?

Hey, what can I say? Decisions had to be made. 

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 7:14 PM

Steve and I have "friended" for the 3rd round, and he is out of town for a few days so will probably be the weekend before I bow out of this great event.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 7:41 PM

alanti:

Steve and I have "friended" for the 3rd round, and he is out of town for a few days so will probably be the weekend before I bow out of this great event.

Mental note - Don't pick alanti as an alt shot partner again ~ defeatist attitude.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 8:22 PM

PaulTon:
    Mental note - Don't pick alanti as an alt shot partner again ~ defeatist attitude.

LOL Paul, just realistic me thinks....but I will have fun!

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 8:39 PM

PaulTon:

Jimbog1964:
     Can leave another couple of days as we try to connect or call it quits...

I understand your predicament Jim, that's why I made a 5 day window (including a weekend) for play.

I can't let 1st round drag on too long or the bracket could grind to a halt.

If you can arrange a definite day/time to play let me know here, otherwise it's a coin toss tonight, sorry pal.

Not heard back from my oppo further to yesterday................Both taken our turns in missing in the time frame. 

Sorry about that as sure my oppo is, but toss time now I think.

Thanks again for organising.

RSS