Forums

Help › Forums

Where do I start ? .....

Tue, Nov 1 2016 10:29 PM (65 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2016 1:10 AM

alcaucin:
    on the snakebite/ fosters / jungle juice  ?  

Jeepers.....snakebites.......ick.

First day in London on my OE (stayed over 10 years) met up with a mate.....introduced me to snakebites........by closing time (back in the days when fooken pubs closed at 3 in the arvo - only in the UK lol) I was fooked up.

So slept the rest of the day and night only to be refused service the next day at that pub. Barred after less than 12 hours in the country.....

Next introduction to cider was Scrumpy.........I cannot even look at cider to this day lol

As for Fosters....urghhh...do people still drink that shite lol?

• thegoosebag
    2,264 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2016 1:34 AM

alanti:
    .introduced me to snakebites

snakebites,they were the carefree days of youth and many a banging headache,good days and nights lol

good to see you on the mend andy take care

once spent 4 hours on a boat in zante looking for turtles,fella said it was coming to the end of the turtle season and seen nothing,wife shouted heres one only for it to be a bin bag floating in the sea and nearly capsized the boat with everyone running to one side and all i had to do was jump off some cliffs instead

cheers      mark.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2016 1:38 AM

alanti:
    First day in London on my OE (stayed over 10 years) met up with a mate.....introduced me to snakebites........by closing time (back in the days when fooken pubs closed at 3 in the arvo - only in the UK lol) I was fooked up.

Plenty of clubs back then happily help you circumnavigate that daft law,,,Maybe both new to London back then, and so not in the full swing of how to really get fooked up by 4PM :)

alanti:
    So slept the rest of the day and night only to be refused service the next day at that pub. Barred after less than 12 hours in the country.....

Gosh back in the 80s (talking sq mile type pubs) I saw people fall in to the bar (almost literally), and provided could pull themselves up served with a smile.

alanti:
    Next introduction to cider was Scrumpy.........I cannot even look at cider to this day lol

Got into the swing of it whenever west of Dorset.  Some OK and liked them, but some a bit extreme.  Too many over a couple of days, and guts fermenting ....hmmmmm leave the details:)

alanti:
    As for Fosters....urghhh...do people still drink that shite lol?

Advertised heavily and guess in a good few places, but never really liked that one either.  Each to their own, and yep snakebites guaranteed to fook you up LOL

Gosh those 80s / early 90s business lunches that seemed to end at 11PM sometimes, and really quite OK to be working whilst basically sozzled........

Nice to see Andy back.............

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2016 2:34 AM

mkg335:
     I might have imagined you being killed in a dive but never by a dive.

Nearly wet meself reading that Mark - SO true, and kinda what I had been thinking  :-)

Andy, SO glad you're back, in one piece (sort-of), been missing your posts.  When I read your sad tale of unlucky sillyness, this tune came to mind - stay well my friend.

Thomas

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2016 5:18 AM

WHOA...crazy crazy crazy story.  Welcome back!

Now...

Did the locals all eat turtle soup?

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2016 9:37 AM

Welcome back Andy. After reading your story, I think I'll take three manhattens an' call myself in the morning. An effin' turtle, you can't make this stuff up. Hope ya mend soon.

Doc :)

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2016 10:33 AM

Jimbog1964:
    Plenty of clubs back then happily help you circumnavigate that daft law,,

LOL yes, quickly found one.......

Jimbog1964:
    Gosh back in the 80s (talking sq mile type pubs) I saw people fall in to the bar (almost literally), and provided could pull themselves up served with a smile.

So true, never saw someone pissed as a newt get refused service.......but I did not tell the full story.....I missed the part about hitting on the Guv'ners missus.....

In Lancaster Gate where I stayed (and lived for a few years) there were at least 4/5 pubs in a 5 minute radius and as many more if you wanted to venture 10 minutes away....of and the one very dodgy club lol.

Jimbog1964:
    Gosh those 80s / early 90s business lunches that seemed to end at 11PM sometimes, and really quite OK to be working whilst basically sozzled......

Oh yes, especially in the City of London......how the hell the stock market survived is beyond me......decisions made on 10 pints of lager and a few large G&T's.......  

Going back to that daft law....perhaps it was there so at least it appeared some people worked between 3 and 5....or was it so they could sober up and be rearing to go for the second session.....and economy built around beer.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2016 10:40 AM

Many years ago in Key West Florida I rented a 18ft center console boat to take a ride to a sandbar/beach off the FL. coast....about the time you realized you couldn't see land in any direction and running wide open, one of those sea turtles surfaced directly in front of the boat and it was "huge"...looked as big as the boat was wide! Had I hit it I would bet it would have flipped the boat over!

I don't know how big the one he hit was, but those suckers get very very big!

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2016 12:12 PM

The truth is out there...

RANDY ANDY HOSPITALISED AFTER MOUNTING INNOCENT TURTLE!

Victim shell-shocked!

Wishing you a speedy return to full health asap.

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2016 12:59 PM

well doctor it fetched me out of my shell

RSS