Forums

Help › Forums

Where do I start ? .....

Tue, Nov 1 2016 10:29 PM (65 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2016 8:51 PM

Oops spelling police are back in town lol......old age here is my excuse...and I am sticking to that!

Hmmm, since when you you take offence that easily LOL, but if you were........get over it!

Really good to see you back and in fine fettle....

Happy belated birthday too......30 again huh.

Liability, like political correctness has taken over the sanity of the world.......can't scratch your balls without offending someone. And everyone must tick a thousand boxes to avoild being sued.....crock of smelly stuff IMO.

Edit - On the subject of tough walks...(well actually this is a pretty easy one) I knew someone leaving HK, so decided the Lantau Trail. 

First hill he pulled a hammy.......hobbled back to the start and went home. Well it ended up he needed major surgery and was out of action for months......

The rest of us completed it, chased by bulls, nearly bitten by snakes and generally felt shagged.......

No moral to the story...but seems like when we set tasks we set up ourselves to fail!

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2016 8:57 PM

..........................................................................................

Reformed ?

or diff perspective prolly ;-)

Andy

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2016 9:07 PM

That is freak......Glad OK now and welcome back.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2016 9:09 PM

mkg335:
    I might have imagined you being killed in a dive but never by a dive.

Funny..I was thinking the same thing ;-)

mkg335:
    The time spent paralyzed must have been scary as hell, and I understand your feelings about the alternative being better...friends who ride motorcycles tell me it's the reason they don't wear helmets...would rather go ahead and be done than spend the rest of their lives immobilized.

Yaa M...understandable.. one worry is to be trapped in a shell, brain working but the stroke so severe, not able to enunciate..must be a living Hell...

Had a taster but at least able to speak...wouldn't wish either on my worst enemy.

mkg335:
    Great to have you back, bud.

Happy be back, happy right now tbh...don't know where they get the " don't drink alcohol with this medication " from.....??

;-))

Andy  ( contented ) 

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2016 9:22 PM

alanti:

Edit - On the subject of tough walks...(well actually this is a pretty easy one) I knew someone leaving HK, so decided the Lantau Trail. 

First hill he pulled a hammy.......hobbled back to the start and went home. Well it ended up he needed major surgery and was out of action for months......

The rest of us completed it, chased by bulls, nearly bitten by snakes and generally felt shagged.......

WTF u on about Alan ?  on the snakebite/ fosters / jungle juice  ?  

ya Bob Marley air freshener is wafting to Spain ;-)))

alanti:
    No moral to the story...

Thought not....

alanti:
    but seems like when we set tasks we set up ourselves to fail!

I prefer to think of tasks as goals....

Generally accomplish all but...if not then worth the effort imo

Better than sitting on the couch thinking..

" I cudda bin a contender " 

" If I cud be bothered putting my shoes on "

and getting dressed !

;))

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2016 9:40 PM

Hey Andy! Nice to see that old bloke back here!

Hope you recover soon!

Did dat ding in my twenties, but no training ;)

Went to a river near Charleston SC with a couple of guys and we all jumped down some 5 to 10 meters, frolicking (had no clue what was down there). I came back up first, half blind without glasses. Some officers waited at the car to give us a severe lecture. All I could say was, "Es tut mir leid, ich verstehe Sie nicht" ("no entiendo" in German) while the others waited, hidden. I was successful, no further consequences, no harm, but a lesson learned!

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2016 9:50 PM

alosso:
    "Es tut mir leid, ich verstehe Sie nicht" ("no entiendo" in German) while the others waited, hidden. I was successful, no further consequences,

Jaaja, equal aqui perfecto

"QUE ?

Lo siento, soy Ingles"

^^ whilst shrugging shoulders  / arms at waist level with palms up and a big smile...

Works everytime ;))

• GCliftonHarris
    17 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2016 11:16 PM

Thank God your OK...the idea of this life is to fully live in the moment and you did just that.....if Ernest Hemingway watched what you did; his highest compliment would have been a toast; so a toast; for life fully lived...now recover and play with me sometime dang it..wink

GCliftonHarris

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2016 11:32 PM

Jeez Andy, that's one hell of a time you had yourself.

Next time be more careful.  Those turtles are endangered you know  ; ))

Sure as fukk are when you're around anyway.

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2016 12:04 AM

Welcome back Andy. That's an experience that'll make you appreciate a fully functioning body for sure.

Next time you decide to throw yourself at the scenery, think before you step into the abyss, not only about what you might do to yourself, but about how much pain and grief you inflict on those that love and care about you.

RSS