Forums

Help › Forums

Southern England Links v Wgt Amigos

Wed, Nov 9 2016 3:57 PM (38 replies)
  • EParkins
    1,124 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2016 9:30 PM

great battle pete thank you, i really enjoyed the close match.
     both had some good, bad and ugly shots
     yep 5th hole was the last one ,   
    good luck to all involved    cheers eddie 

• bluey403
    1,526 Posts
    Sun, Oct 23 2016 1:32 AM

One back for SEL

Bluey defeats John Shaw

Enoyed meeting John( always good to see a rugby league pom), and i got the luky bounces in a hard fought match.

Cheers,

Dodgy Pete.

• harry3putt1
    1,167 Posts
    Sun, Oct 23 2016 9:30 AM

KenBTEXAS  v  harry3putt1

Again had a great time with Ken on the green stuff

AGAIN Ken showed me how it should be played

Ken wins 4 up

Have to say, Ken is a great guy and a gentleman.

Was a pleasure Ken thank you

• KenBTEXAS
    284 Posts
    Sun, Oct 23 2016 9:31 AM

Kenbtexas TL  v   Harry3putt1 L

had another good fun match against Harry.

We both hit a few good ones and a few others.... 

fun times had by all..

It is always great to meet and play folks outside our normal small circle..

Which is why I love these setups so much

Thanks Harry. 

KenB wins 4 up

• binkybaxter1
    1,556 Posts
    Sun, Oct 23 2016 10:15 AM

binkybaxter v puttrmanr

BB wins 2&1

good topsy turvy game with my fellow Scot :)

Mac eagled 4th to go 1up..i hit back  1up at turn.

Mac started bk9 birdie birdie eagle + regained lead 1up.

then i got lucky + holed my approach on 13..won 14+15

2up..stayed like that until the end.

supe close game Mac TY enjoy ya golfing

binky :)

• PEnglish3
    117 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2016 3:00 AM

paul english beats December1(greg) 3&2

first of all thanks to both captains getting this match sorted, takes a lot of work and much appreciated, also thanks to greg, good chat, great sportmanship and a great fighter all the way to the end.

all match we didnt get the most friendly of wind, especially for the first 7 holes but the standard of play was still good.
    hole 1 neither of us could reach the green in two shots and we both got pars.
    hole 2 and greg got a meter jump and found rough of the tee leaving his second shot almost impossible to reach the green from the left fairawy, my approach was a 3 ft from pin and won the hole to go one up.
    hole 3, i was late on ding and found myself a long way from pin, greg hit one of the shots of the match and got so close to the pin to take the hole and square the match.
    hole 4, and while greg got a nice birdie i got my first of 3 eagles to go back one up.
    holes 5,6,and 7 were halved with 2 pars and one birdie.
    hole 8 i managed to go 2 up with another birdie as greg had a real tough short bendy putt which he just missed.
    hole 9 and i managed to edge another shot in front with a birdie on the long par 3.
    hole 10 and my second eagle of the match, i managed to hit the ding and my 136 yard approach bounced once and went in, 4 up.
    hole 11 greg hit a beauty from 200 yards and pulled a shot back, great shot to watch.
    hole 12 and the driveable par 4, wind wasnt kind and greg came up a bit short, i managed to get a good bounce and left it 8ft for eagle. managed to hold the putt and go 4 up.
    hole 13 and just as i think i have the match in the bag greg starts a great fight back, he hits another dart from miles off to get it back to 3 up.
    hole 14 we both birdie
    hole 15 greg gets another shot back, we both had long putts, mine looked in but stopped just short but greg got his birdie putt spot on, now i was only 2 up and feeling the pressure, what a fighter greg is.
    hole 16 and i hit a awful approach leaving me 16ft away, greg hit a nice shot and was 8.9ft away.
    i managed to get the line perfect on this bendy putt and it just dropped, greg just missed his putt and the game ended.
    thanks for a great game greg and good luck with your golf.

• jacko1972
    927 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2016 12:19 PM

Just played my game with Ali and was 1 down right from the off and thanks to Ali he drove me to start drinking early, after the 3rd hole hahahaha and think that may have helped my game as soon managed to get it back to AS.. With a few holes going toe to toe in a goo tussle and a few drinks later I eventually managed to get in to the lead and opened up a comfortable lead, Was it not for quite a few very unlucky putts just curling away as soon as his ball sniffed the hole I am sure it would have been a very tight game, fortunately for me I managed to open up the gap and came out on top with a 5&4 win..

Was a real pleasure meeting you Ali and please feel free to send invites if you looking for a partner in a Alt shot game or just a random MP or strokeplay round.

Cheers

John

• shovlovin
    2,112 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2016 12:31 PM

There is a sale on in Amigo Clubhouse for I HATE ALI  t-shirts, be quick they go quick, we are also doing a get one free  with I HATE PTRENTER  on the back lol, he just beat me 3 and 2, great game mate cheers.

• shovlovin
    2,112 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2016 12:35 PM

PEnglish3:

paul english beats December1(greg) 3&2

first of all thanks to both captains getting this match sorted, takes a lot of work and much appreciated, also thanks to greg, good chat, great sportmanship and a great fighter all the way to the end.

all match we didnt get the most friendly of wind, especially for the first 7 holes but the standard of play was still good.
    hole 1 neither of us could reach the green in two shots and we both got pars.
    hole 2 and greg got a meter jump and found rough of the tee leaving his second shot almost impossible to reach the green from the left fairawy, my approach was a 3 ft from pin and won the hole to go one up.
    hole 3, i was late on ding and found myself a long way from pin, greg hit one of the shots of the match and got so close to the pin to take the hole and square the match.
    hole 4, and while greg got a nice birdie i got my first of 3 eagles to go back one up.
    holes 5,6,and 7 were halved with 2 pars and one birdie.
    hole 8 i managed to go 2 up with another birdie as greg had a real tough short bendy putt which he just missed.
    hole 9 and i managed to edge another shot in front with a birdie on the long par 3.
    hole 10 and my second eagle of the match, i managed to hit the ding and my 136 yard approach bounced once and went in, 4 up.
    hole 11 greg hit a beauty from 200 yards and pulled a shot back, great shot to watch.
    hole 12 and the driveable par 4, wind wasnt kind and greg came up a bit short, i managed to get a good bounce and left it 8ft for eagle. managed to hold the putt and go 4 up.
    hole 13 and just as i think i have the match in the bag greg starts a great fight back, he hits another dart from miles off to get it back to 3 up.
    hole 14 we both birdie
    hole 15 greg gets another shot back, we both had long putts, mine looked in but stopped just short but greg got his birdie putt spot on, now i was only 2 up and feeling the pressure, what a fighter greg is.
    hole 16 and i hit a awful approach leaving me 16ft away, greg hit a nice shot and was 8.9ft away.
    i managed to get the line perfect on this bendy putt and it just dropped, greg just missed his putt and the game ended.
    thanks for a great game greg and good luck with your golf.

wow, great report, i feel i watched the match  cheers Paul.

RSS