Re: freezng issues of the game

rated by 0 users
Thu, Oct 20 2016 10:45 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • swingawaynow
    165 Posts
    Mon, Oct 17 2016 11:37 AM

Hello WGT

Today when I was playing and not doing so well in the game the game froze on the fourth hole(ie...the game freezes for about 10 to 15 seconds and it keeps doing it for everyone and it takes all of your time away from the shot.  By the second or third time the game is doing this it is frustrating and you jump out and go back in to the game.  You can only do this twice and on the third time your out of the game.)  This is a real issue and I have run into this issue many times on all of the courses.

Regards; Swingawaynow

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Mon, Oct 17 2016 8:29 PM

I gave up a while back when the memory issue arose (flash? or something)  but it's always the 4th or 5th hole. After a long while reading the forums it looks like I have to upgrade my old laptop. That may take a few months. My issue isn't a full freeze just a jitter then a pause.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Oct 18 2016 4:34 AM

Closing and re-opening the game client is pointless.

To clear the flash memory storage issue you have to close your browser completely and re-open it.

I do this after every 9 holes and I rarely have any flash problems at all.

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Tue, Oct 18 2016 7:37 AM

Depending on  amount of use everyone should regularly clear their browser and Flash caches. If nothing else it clears the cobwebs.

http://pch.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/554/~/how-do-i-clear-my-flash-player-cache%3F-(firefox,-google-chrome,-internet 

• BertLane
    459 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2016 10:52 PM

Using a Free cache and registry cleaner like CCleaner everyday works really well for guys with low ram memories. I use it just so I don't get any of those crazy disappearing moments in the middle of my swings.

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2016 10:38 AM

BertLane:

Using a Free cache and registry cleaner like CCleaner everyday works really well for guys with low ram memories. I use it just so I don't get any of those crazy disappearing moments in the middle of my swings.

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Good advice but bear in mind that CCleaner does not clear the flash caché.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2016 12:19 PM

PaulTon:

I did this a while ago when memory leak was at its height - ie increased RAM usage, but has been pretty good until I played last night - I had to close the browser after it froze on my second game.

If it back to this I will just take time out as I get sick and tired of jumping through hoops due to bungling incompetent programmers.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2016 1:50 PM

alanti:

PaulTon:

I did this a while ago when memory leak was at its height - ie increased RAM usage, but has been pretty good until I played last night - I had to close the browser after it froze on my second game.

If it back to this I will just take time out as I get sick and tired of jumping through hoops due to bungling incompetent programmers.

It is not just WGT that is affected by the so called flash memory leak. Every web site that uses flash is affected. So if it is caused by incompetent programmers they work for Adobe and not WGT.

• BertLane
    459 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2016 2:09 PM
    PaulTon:
    Thanks, Paul,
    Here's the deal This started suddenly when I signed on and tried to play a CC tournament 3 days ago,

My mouse button is not stopping when I click most of the time. If it does, it is just before it runs off the meter.

It's hard to drag and release for distance cause it is sticking real bad. Doesn't do it on any other game, even on the WGT profile page.

I have run CCleaner twice, gone in and out of my browser numerous times, run my anti-virus (no bugs), and my backup. I even uninstalled Flash Player and reinstalled. Everything is clean.
    I'm stumped. Can anybody give me ant ideas on this?
    And the Flash cache thing, are you saying closing and reopening you're browser should do it?

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2016 2:54 PM

borntobesting:
    It is not just WGT that is affected by the so called flash memory leak. Every web site that uses flash is affected. So if it is caused by incompetent programmers they work for Adobe and not WGT.

I vividly recall Andyson disproving that B2B....after you pretty much said the same thing.

It is also interesting that directly after an update, the issue reoccurs....so the correlation is it is a change that the programmers made that has once again has accelerated this issue.

I believe the issue for web players is that the majority of programmers time and input is directed at the mobile platform, thus the flash reliant platform gets little attention.

I know Icon is away, but no information on what they did? Pretty poor even for WGT standards.

All I can see is another pathetic clash was loaded into the pipeline...now on...whoppeee.

• PAGES
RSS