Forums

Help › Forums

**ANDYSON MEMORIAL - ROUND 2 SCORES ETC**

Thu, Nov 9 2017 11:53 AM (258 replies)
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2016 3:02 PM

Just a wee reminder as I head for bed -

Round 2 begins at midnight tonight Pacific time. 

Good luck everyone!

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2016 3:24 PM

overtheedge:

That is one beautiful trophy for sure. GL to everyone.

What a FANTASTIC turnout this has been. I have been in the WGT community for 7 years and NOT ONCE have a I seen such a large # of players get so involved with so much enthusiasm and respect as andyson's Memorial Tournament right here, right now. 

WOW!

I just have to say on behalf of andyson / my good friend Dennis. I am sure he is PROUD of everyone who has played in his honor and, as a tribute for all his hard work he contributed to these forums. 

But at the same time I cant help to think it is so SAD that WGT has not even acknowledged his tournament nor has had ANYONE DIRECTLY RELATED to WGT played or been a part of this tournament after allll he did for WGT's Forums. He made YOUR (WGT) forum come ALIVE with his creativity, hard work and valuable time and by the looks of it there is not even ONE person representing WGT "DIRECTLY" in this tournament.

I just had to bring this to light and again if I am wrong and there is a player directly representing WGT's home office, than I am sorry, but if not - absolutely no respect - just as I have mentioned before.

Really well said.

And a real special thanks to Paul and those who have helped him to make this event a reality, especially considering your own personal troubles. It speaks volumes about you Paul - I doff my cap!

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2016 4:32 PM

I'm kicking myself for having missed this somehow because I would have loved to have taken part. That's what you get for not paying close enough attention I guess.

Anyway, since I can't play I can at least take my hat off to all of you for taking part and showing such respect and solidarity. It only underlines how much of a positive force Andyson was in the forums and beyond. It gladdens my heart to see this.

This is already a roaring success and of course, great work PaulTon. 

Good luck to all of you.

Nigel.

• SlicedPepper
    796 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2016 8:41 PM

Nice trophy. One helluva job running this. Well done Mr. Ton.

• SlicedPepper
    796 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2016 8:57 PM

alanti:
    I cant help to think it is so SAD that WGT has not even acknowledged his tournament

+1 

I know as sure as I'm sitting here, somewhere in the dark reaches of WGT, at least one person was laughing as hard as I was at Andyson's posts. 

They may have considered him a thorn in their sides but he did it with class, style and humor. Never any personal digs at them. 

Sometimes life gives you the opportunity to run across someone who is a cut above.

To bad WGT didn't see it.

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2016 2:01 AM

Lute345:
    Gees bery, you must have had some time on your hands in order to compile that list!! Outstanding job man!!

Fairly simple with a basic knowledge of Excel.... :) Although I've billed Paul for about 200 hours work...see Doc's explanation below...

drmoose:

Time is irrelevant to bery as he manifests his destiny on multiple planes of existence, hence, all his frequent flier miles.

Doc :)

From the Hitchhiker's Guide: "Mice are the physical projections into our dimension of a race of superintelligent pan-dimensional beings who ordered construction of the Earth to discover the Question to the Ultimate Answer of Life, the Universe, and Everything. Thus, they are the most intelligent life form on that planet, contrary to what humans thought.

In their home dimension, a popular pastime is Brockian Ultra-Cricket, an awfully violent game which involves hitting people for no readily apparent reason and then running away, before apologizing from some distance – often through a megaphone. Nevertheless, it is 100% unrelated except in name to the Earth sport of cricket."

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2016 2:39 AM

I just finished my second round. This was a round that could have been anywhere from 57 or 58 up to 67 or 68. I missed a 3 or 4 birdie putts that I feel I should have made but also made 3 or 4 testers to save par so I guess it all evens out. I would have liked to have broken 60 but a 62 as poorly as I putt at times is pretty good.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2016 4:03 AM

Just had a thought,  to help make things a little easier for me and avoid any mistakes -

Could you please put your player number* in your score posts, thanks.

*from scoreboard on 1st post of this thread.

Paul.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2016 5:32 AM

PaulTon:

Just had a thought,  to help make things a little easier for me and avoid any mistakes -

Could you please put your player number* in your score posts, thanks.

*from scoreboard on 1st post of this thread.

Paul.

OK will do, but a question.  Do you have the ability to sort that list by name?.  Would be the easiest for you, if that function is available, like bery did by score.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2016 5:44 AM

garyk49:
     Do you have the ability to sort that list by name?

I have the ability but not the inclination or time to do it. 

RSS