Forums

Help › Forums

New Courses

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 29 2016 9:25 AM (22 replies)
  • ThreeWheelBadAss
    27 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2016 1:32 PM

Even a fantasy course here and there wouldn't hurt!

• MsErato
    14 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2016 4:47 AM

ErinHills should be up and running in April 2017 as a prelude to the US Open in June, six to seven  weeks later.

Not that long to go.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2016 6:07 AM

PaulTon:
    I don't think Pebble Beach was up and running 11 months ago.

I went back and looked at the news announcements. Pebble Beach became available for stroke play in December 2015. The OP joined in November. So, technically, there was a new course since he started playing, It was added right after he started playing.  

• RedMcCool
    43 Posts
    Sat, Oct 29 2016 10:26 PM

On the mobile version under courses it has listed Lanai Challenge Manele, Hilversumsche in the Netherlands and Best of Water Shots as "Coming Soon" for several months.  Not sure what Coming Soon means.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sun, Oct 30 2016 12:00 PM

RedMcCool:
    Not sure what Coming Soon means.

Those words are like things my mother-in-law used to say... they don't mean a thing. ;-)

It has had those listed as "coming soon" since I first started playing in May 2015. 

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Sun, Oct 30 2016 4:38 PM

RedMcCool:

On the mobile version under courses it has listed Lanai Challenge Manele, Hilversumsche in the Netherlands and Best of Water Shots as "Coming Soon" for several months.  Not sure what Coming Soon means.

Use a PC.  They all have been here for quite some time.  All CTTH, if you expect courses to mean some type of stroke play, Think Again.

• guguis
    96 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 10:13 AM

Hope you win the lottery tonite :) and make me a member lol

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2016 10:58 AM

Jresh0817:
    . . . I see no reason with the money they bring in not to have more courses...

How much money do you think they bring in, above and beyond their recurring operating expenses, and what do you base that number on?

New courses have to want to be included on WGT. I bet many courses WGT has approached regarding being included have said, "No thanks!"..

The Royal & Ancient had an agreement with WGT to add European Open courses for a time, but ended it.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2016 5:24 PM

ApexPC:
    New courses have to want to be included on WGT. I bet many courses WGT has approached regarding being included have said, "No thanks!"..

Like Jresh regarding WGT's earnings, this is purely speculative.

But going back a number of years in a Forbes article, there were many courses around the globe that wanted to be included on WGT.

Now whether they were suitable (course length/difficulty etc) or whether they were approached is another matter, especially as many were not in the US.

But if a course wanted to be included, regardless of location, it would be the start of negotiations, especially if the course was willing to foot some of the bill. The cost of flights is small, and accommodation is often at the resort (and could be offered for free) and the cost of equipment hire is often similar or cheaper regardless where you are in the world.

But WGT has never really developed into a world game with world courses......it is US based and most if not all future development (courses) will be in the US.

One course a year is not great for the users, and the game can become stale pretty quickly for some, especially if they dislike playing a couple of courses......pickings can be slim.

If WGT was transparent, and they proudly boast there are 10 million players, they would be open as to why we only get one new stroke play course a year (excluding best of's and par 3 jokes).

If those 10 million players spent even $1 a year, there should be at least 2 courses even if it cost a million to do one course.......and that is forgetting the advertisers (which should be significantly more).

As a business owner I understand costs, and if the company had 50 staff on $120K their other overheads would still leave a healthy bottom line.

Yes that is speculation, but there is a very high probability they are making a profit, and a pretty substantial one at that.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2016 5:24 PM

Double post.....

RSS