Forums

Help › Forums

New Courses

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 29 2016 9:25 AM (22 replies)
  • Firstmrmax
    824 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2016 4:14 PM

I realize I am a relatively new guy since I've been only 11 months now.

No new courses have been added since I've been here.  WGT did get new owners in Top Golf but there does'nt seem to be all that close.  WGT doesn't advertise  Top Golf  or visa versa since last time I was at top golf.

Have they ever added new courses and do you think they will add any in the future?

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2016 4:45 PM

They have a contract with the USGA to add each years US Open course, hence we will get Erin Hills sometime next summer. Oakmont was already in the game this year so they got a pass. I'm afraid it seems if anyone wants WGT to go above and beyond these minimum obligations, they may need to approach Topgolf and fund new courses themselves or buy shares of the company. 

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2016 11:10 PM

+1

Some hope for additional sets of pins which they should have in their drawers, following their statements ("two sets per course, for every course"), but

They are WGT, so hope is futile.

• BMX123
    627 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2016 11:42 PM

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2016 6:08 AM

Firstmrmax:

No new courses have been added since I've been here.

I don't think Pebble Beach was up and running 11 months ago.

I could be wrong though, I often am.

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2016 7:19 AM

BMX123:

New pin placements on all courses next week and a free sleeve of balls per week for players that enjoy the game...........

No player that 'enjoys' the game would actually want this. 

Free balls = no revenue for wgt = company eventually dies 

• Jresh0817
    1,414 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2016 12:04 PM

This to me is WGT/Topgolf's biggest weak spot....I see no reason with the money they bring in not to have more courses...All the bugs after updates is also bad dont get me wrong...Buy you can only play the same courses so many times...

• spaceghost88
    1,621 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2016 10:23 PM

Firstmrmax:

No new courses have been added since I've been here.  WGT did get new owners in Top Golf but there does'nt seem to be all that close.  WGT doesn't advertise  Top Golf  or visa versa since last time I was at top golf.

Have they ever added new courses and do you think they will add any in the future?

+1 Getting snoring playing same ole pins n fairways please we need fresh tees ta play n yes some new pin locals ; ]] 

I can say I have supported wgt in the last 4 years buying everything the pro shop has ta offer in new clubs and would like to see a return as would others!

Oh Thanks for the great Beer glass tees Devs, big A+ on those fer sures!!! 

SG88

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Fri, Oct 14 2016 1:10 AM

PaulTon:

Firstmrmax:

No new courses have been added since I've been here.

I don't think Pebble Beach was up and running 11 months ago.

I could be wrong though, I often am.

No Paul You aren't wrong. We got the front  9 in November or December and then the back 9 in early spring after the Top Golf buy out.

• conveyorguy
    767 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2016 4:51 PM

No worries folks...when I hit the lottery tonite gonna buy WGT from Topgolf and make it a member-owned public corp.

RSS