Forums

Help › Forums

world cup 2017

Sun, Apr 22 2018 4:40 AM (2,096 replies)
  • PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Sat, Aug 5 2017 3:12 AM

final update

east coast  3  wooden tee wolverines  1

the wolves starting to make a comeback but cant afford to drop another match,any twitches for the last matches please

finny

The  world cup of golf 2018

Hello all and goodbye all

This is a very sad moment for me because this year’s World cup is officially over,

The last two players have come into the clubhouse and one of them with a ctth prize well done,

This one started back in November last year with me just fishing for teams, little did I expect the response from the clubs and players wanting to take part,

We ended up with 35 teams of 12 players in each squad,

9 rounds of competitive play to get four from each group to play in the last 16 of the cup,

This year nico came up with the idea of instead of sending the remaining teams home, let’s have a smaller trophy and call it the plate with the next four teams taking part and as it turned out with a couple of teams dropping out no one went home,

I made a panel up with four other very wise players to make decisions on any games or matters that i needed advice on; this year has been that easy that we haven’t really had to make any calls,

I have to thank all club owners, captains and players for making this a pleasure to run I have had hardly any messages and most of the time the captains sorted it with no fuss or hassle,

Thanks to all the captains/players for all the posts well over 2,000 in total,

Closer to home is my team who have been there with me every step of the way sometimes fighting over putting results in and doing the matchups but Paul/dotty got the most in the man never sleeps lol,

NICO and DOTTY thanks both.

thanks to Stu for helping me on the ctth forum and prizes,

Lastly the one man who has made our jobs easier with the spreadsheets and results even the teams in the knockout stages, NIGEL (wupta) you are genius mate we couldn’t have got these results and updating the leagues without you, it would have taken us ages and probably got most of it wrong lol,

Well that’s about it for this year, I will have a couple of months off then start recruiting for next year 2019

Next year I may try something different maybe more groups and fewer rounds which would make more knockout stages we will see.

I guess it’s time to announce the winners

Firstly the Cup

This team has done it again, two time winners and well deserved, they have set the bar to which we all want to achieve and are very humble with it, led by a what I will say is a very good friend and a first class captain, lead by example and he has, thanks Simon.

The winners of the World Cup 2018

The Wooden Tees

Now to the plate

This team really should have made it to the cup but they were in possibly the hardest  group but instead of crying about it they just got on with the job of doing what they do best and  taking the plate back home to wooden tee and thank you Alan for making it so for me with up to date messsages regarding matches and getting your matches even at some really silly times for your players played,

The winners of the World Cup plate

The Wooden Bees

Again thanks to all who have taken part this year and look forward to an even greater World Cup 2019

finny

• Doitfaster
    445 Posts
    Sat, Aug 5 2017 4:56 AM

I for one really enjoy and have learned so much about the game watching fmagnets on utube

I'm sure he will stream his match for everyone to enjoy.

Please let us know when?

cheers for now and best of luck to the remaining players!!

Doit...

• mystry78
    880 Posts
    Sat, Aug 5 2017 11:58 AM

Knockout Final Round Result:

Vestarinn (Wooden Tee) 4&3 over AceHoler26 (East Coast 1)

Thanks, Frank 

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Sat, Aug 5 2017 12:24 PM

3-2 now to east coast 

getting close but loads of golf still to play

is it gonna go down to the wire

• Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Sat, Aug 5 2017 12:48 PM

Sin playing QPutts https://www.twitch.tv/sinsofgood

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Sat, Aug 5 2017 2:16 PM

just watch another great match

Sinisavrc1  won  qputts

really close match that went down to the last couple of holes,

3-3 now great for the comp,

3 matches left so the next game is vital for either side

finny

• sinisavrc1
    445 Posts
    Sat, Aug 5 2017 2:47 PM

VS Qputts

I won 2UP-2DN

He was worthy opponent it was tens till the end

Well played Robert

For spot prizes i think that somebody made mistake for #12 hole because its a par 4

#11 hole par 3 Qputts  4.2 ft to the pin

Here is the video of that match

Replay of the match

• pepsieric1963
    2,203 Posts
    Sun, Aug 6 2017 12:16 AM

• JoeMaverick
    843 Posts
    Sun, Aug 6 2017 12:40 AM

My game is planned today at 5AM WGT Time, 2PM Belgium Time, 1PM UK Time. Live on Twich, here:

https://www.twitch.tv/wgtjoemaverick

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Sun, Aug 6 2017 3:46 AM

nice 1 joe il be tuning in while cooking the sunday dinner lol

RSS