Forums

Help › Forums

world cup 2017

Sun, Apr 22 2018 4:40 AM (2,096 replies)
  • bigcountry317
    4,269 Posts
    Thu, May 18 2017 10:51 AM

Group 3 Game 6

Cosa Nostra Goodfellas vs. Georgian

bigcountry317 & shaanbeckham finish AS

Shion and I had a heck of a crazy round.  I started off hot and had a 3up lead at the turn and then he got real hot while I faultered and pulled it back to AS after 16.  We halved from there to wind up AS after 18.  Neither of us remembered whether or not we were to call the match a draw or play extras so we kept at it and he won the match on the first extra hole.  Heck of a comeback Shion, well played mate!  Yet another very enjoyable match, have yet to play anyone that didn't understand what this event is all about and have enjoyed adding many a friend to the list!  Thanks again for all the work you guys do hosting this event!

• ShaanBeckham
    199 Posts
    Thu, May 18 2017 10:59 AM

Was an absolute pleasure, Aaron. Belter of a game there,eh ? :D

Look forward to playing again soon.

And yes, a very well-organized tournament indeed. Thanks to those who put in the hard work.

Shion

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Thu, May 18 2017 12:00 PM

Group 2 game 6 match 3

Wooden Tee Vs Calm Waters

Fmagnets wins 5&4 against Rnnwtn7. Thanks for the game Ron.

The match vid is here, and I had shots to 2.4ft on 7 and 4.5ft on 10, though I'm sure those won't be good enough. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, May 18 2017 1:08 PM

bigcountry317:
    Neither of us remembered whether or not we were to call the match a draw or play extras

You each get 1 point for the tie. (Kinda like kissing your grandmother.)  :-D

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Thu, May 18 2017 1:44 PM

just got in from a nice chinese meal and updated a few results.

got to say this has been one hell of a pleasure to run this year,whether its having nico,paul tdot and bubbs helping me or the way the captains have helped communicate with each other over games, i have had  very few times i have had to get involved in any issues,

thx to all the clubs for making this comp run smoothly.

lets keep it going into the knockout stages,

finny

• Mlevin
    775 Posts
    Thu, May 18 2017 1:46 PM

Group3 - Game 6 - Match 1

Cosa Nostra Goodfellas vs. Georgian

Mlevin defeated Sirbugger 6&5

I had a fun match with Jim yesterday. Jim was unlucky with a number of putts. If they dropped, it would have been a different game. Good luck the rest of the way.

Marc

• bigcountry317
    4,269 Posts
    Thu, May 18 2017 1:59 PM

YankeeJim:
    You each get 1 point for the tie. (Kinda like kissing your grandmother.)  :-D

Ouch.....lol!

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, May 18 2017 2:03 PM

Bubbsboy lost 2 and 1 to Gaarsman .

Paul was 4 up after 5 with exceptional darts, he didnt have to putt much as his iron play was top rate. On the other hand i was leaving myself too much and nothing would drop, so pars were not enough to his birds.

He was 5 up after 12 and then i fought back (as usual in this comp lol), i started darting or if i needed to then i knocked a couple long ones in (especially 16th) ;-)

In truth Paul conceded on 15 when i had a decent length putt as he said he was enjoying company......that to me sums this comp up........great friendliness and respect.

If you reading this Eric.......Paul is a top player and a top bloke, credit to your club.

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Thu, May 18 2017 2:39 PM

Group 4, Game 6, Match 1

birchi wins against micheldess by forfeit

• PEnglish3
    117 Posts
    Thu, May 18 2017 2:59 PM

paul english (sel thunderchickens) ties with jobey29

after totting up the scores we hit -14 a piece in one of the best match play games i have ever played in. rob eagled the 18th to tie this great game up, and a draw was the fair result as neither of us deserved to lose. Rob is one of the best putters i have come across. i thought i had him on many holes on the front 9 but he held some unbelieveable putts. 

on the back 9 his iron play was awsome. such a great game to be involved in.

rob was a great guy to play a round with, very polite and really good chat. he is a credit to the georgian club.

would love a rematch rob, and maybe next time the wind machine will be nicer.

RSS