Help › Forums

low scores and quitters

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 16 2011 5:07 AM (25 replies)
  • thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Wed, Apr 13 2011 9:52 PM

greenrod:

Let's play Oakmont.............I wanna see par. Won't happen writing about it.

my money's on Doodles playing off the back tees and wiping the floor with you using only a baseball bat and coconuts.

all you need is to practise more and give the tongue a rest.

tbe

• wjj8
    218 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2011 11:12 AM

Just one thought....

EVERYONE hates sandbaggers...those who get high in levels, get the better equipment, and tear up in any round that will produce credits....but, when it comes to advancing to the next tier(where they wouldn't fair nearly as well), they go and shoot enough high rounds to keep their average up, thus ensuring them domination where they are.

Having said that, I think that WGT is doing right by dropping the averages like they do. Everyone knows what the score is, and know to look at a players stats and history to gauge their worth.

I actually think that WGT is moving in the right direction with the new club restrictions and tier advancements...ALTHOUGH, I do think that they should be stricter with the clubs(but I am sure that they are doing their best to devise a good solution to that).

Seeing players hitting from closer tees with the same clubs is kinda...annoying(can't think of a better word). Drivers, should be tier specific...period. It helps(i think) when players can actually use all their clubs well....this coming from a "legend"(LOL) that doesn't even use a 3wood or hybrid.

Well, I got completely sidetracked there...lol. So, greenrod...I ain't even close to the best, but hit me up for a round at Oakmont, let's see how ya do....seriously.

• greenrod
    24 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2011 11:28 AM

Don't school me on attitude. Pot calling the kettle black. You don't know what the hell I chat about. The only garbage is in your reply.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2011 3:48 PM

greenrod:

I know what I see. It doesn't take a long time to see how fickle these people are. One or two bad shots and these players run like the wind. Stick up for them if you like, most folks have their eyes open and they see what I have seen. Read the comments. I'll play any of you 50's ghosts anytime. Let's play Oakmont.............I wanna see par. Won't happen writing about it.

I don't shoot in the 50's, but would be honored to play a MPC game with you.

You pick the course and the credit amount.

If you see my green available light on, let's make it happen.

• HDBanger
    348 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2011 6:30 PM

Kinda off topic but not, I played a Legend and a Master last night, stroke round of 9 at Bethpage. After 2 holes, the master quits, the Legend makes fun, saying that everytime they have ever seen that person, they have quit.. Then we get to the 9th, I'm struggling with my putter, as usual, sitting +2 with a poss birdie putt left. The Legend is +4 and over shoots the green, Says to me "I'm not posting this crap, gg bye."  Oh the irony, the hypocrisy!  So I post on his wall that he is a Quitter, nothing more, he erases it within minutes, and replies on my wall. So I wait until he is offline, and I post the same thing, Quitter..  Now he posts on my wall that if I do it again, he will have me banned, lol.  So, what is the deal with wall posts, because to me, it is the only way to out these losers. Is there a limit to the amount of times one can post on anothers wall? Because I like to do it everytime I see them offline, so when others see their profile, they can see as well, before they delete it again.  

• greenrod
    24 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2011 10:14 PM

Anytime you wanna tee it up, let's go. That's what we're here for.

• greenrod
    24 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2011 10:28 PM

You must be hallucinating, HD. Surely these masters and legends don't quit or act unappropriately! According to the nay-sayers to what I wrote, we are completely off base and totally incorrect. Lowly peasants like us surely must have angered the master and legend gods and we are not deserving to even be on the same site as these fine immortals. I even have to go looking for blue lights on these god-like players so I may be honored enough to play on the same green grass. I don't know if I can take the pressure of measuring up. What shall we do? I got an idea........let's call them out in a forum, print their names, and challenge them to a fight after school! One thing is for damn sure, most all of 'em type a lot better than they play. 'Nuff talk, let's tee off!

• greenrod
    24 Posts
    Fri, Apr 15 2011 12:58 AM

With 400+ comments, seems like you need to rest your tongue.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Fri, Apr 15 2011 5:30 AM

greenrod:
    Lowly peasants like us surely must have angered the master and legend gods and we are not deserving to e

greenrod, this is my take

A legend is a amateur with super clubs, upgrade ball and a putter that is 50% more accurate than a regular. Take them away, and they will fight to break par

The definition of a legend is one who has used his "natural skills", honed them to set himself apart from all his peers, and attained the ultimate"

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Apr 15 2011 6:08 AM

remember...it's only a virtual game....nothing more...nothing less.

you may be better at playing pacman or space invaders than me...but it wouldn't bother me.

TBE

RSS