Forums

Help › Forums

What is the next driver for me at level 70 and close to tour master?

Sat, Oct 29 2016 8:14 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • darktone
    151 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2016 11:09 AM

The level 48 driver is great. Is there another one coming that is a must have club??

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2016 12:23 PM

darktone:

The level 48 driver is great. Is there another one coming that is a must have club??

For now you are fine as you wont move back another tee until you reach Legend tier . Now what you can do is go play a few practice stroke play rounds from the tips . This will give you an idea of how well the clubs that you now have will play from the tips . This way you can plan your next upgrades and get an idea of what you will need .

I will suggest that all of your future club upgrades driver through wedges are high trajectory clubs . You will most definitely need them as they are the better clubs . The best clubs will begin around L83+ so those are the ones that you start eye balling . Start working on building up your credits and planning for those upgrades .Most players once they reach Master / Tour Master will upgrade in the following manner;

Driver high trajectory

3 Wood high trajectory

3 Wedges high trajectory

irons high trajectory

Also when upgrading your clubs try to match your meter speed as much as possible . This allows for a more consistant meter speed and also a smoother meter as well . If you go take a look at my clubs or other higher tiered players you will get a better understanding of what I mean . Theres a thread titled "Advice to New Players ">>>>>> use the search box and look it up its a very good read with great tips to help you out . Hope this helps and good luck with your game .

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2016 2:56 PM

Very good advice. The driver you have will carry you to Legend very nicely. It did for me.

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2016 5:34 PM

I went with the 85 Nike Vapor  driver after the level 48. Driver, Irons and 3WD of the vapor is solid for legend. 

• darktone
    151 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2016 3:33 AM

Thanks guys. Just looking ahead. Is there a driver that stands out like the level 48 though? I am not seeing anything that looks far and away better. 

• darktone
    151 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2016 3:34 AM

I'll look into the Vapor. Thanks!

• darktone
    151 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2016 6:01 AM

I think I am leaning towards the L79 Taylor Made. I should be getting close to Legend by then and I will have the credits. 

• jessek12
    102 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2016 8:15 AM

darktone:

I think I am leaning towards the L79 Taylor Made. I should be getting close to Legend by then and I will have the credits. 

Can confirm the L79 TM is fantastic. 282 yds, high trajectory, meter is good and the forgiveness is there if you don't ding. 

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2016 4:59 PM

You need to consider what Irons you will be looking at by then.  The L79 SLDR and the Nike Vapor L85 drivers are both very good.  I have used both.  The Nike Vapors  are a 4.0 meter speed.  The L79 SLDR is 3.5 meter speed.  You might want to keep that difference in mind.

phred952

• darktone
    151 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2016 5:12 PM

Thanks guys, the level 48 I am now using is the same swing meter as the level 79. That is one reason I like it too.

Went I changed to the level 59 irons it took me quite a while to get used to them. I actually had to start using the 250 credit balls I am using now to get them to work to my liking. I will keep these for a bit anyways. Better wedges might be in my future to.

• PAGES
RSS