Forums

Help › Forums

Do this make sense?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 16 2016 5:08 PM (7 replies)
  • MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Fri, Sep 30 2016 5:34 PM

Ignore the fact that I have starter balls equipped, before I go up to 90 and play new clubs and balls, to save credits im trying not to use the regular 450cr balls I use competitively so I'm using old balls and cleaning out inv to help save creds. 

On to the point of this thread 

Right now (when I play in RGs and seriously) I use the Nike Vapor 85 Driver, Irons and 3WD. This set of clubs all has meter speed 4.0. The Ball I use with this is the Nike Level 70 meter speed 3.0.

When I hit 90, I'm planing on buying the Taylor R11 set. The driver, irons (RSi2's :) and 3WD in this set all are meter speed 3.0. The balls I'm planning on using are the level 90 Nike Platinums, meter speed 4.0. 

Both combos, the meter speeds add up to 7.0, except one is Clubs 4.0 and ball 3.0 while the other is Clubs 3.0 and ball 4.0. 

So I should have the same meter speed as I currently do, yes? 

They would both have the same meter speed or are balls and clubs weight in speed different?

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Fri, Sep 30 2016 10:16 PM

On paper you would think so. Or at least reasonably close.

Just a note: I have those TM drivers and irons, and recently I've regressed (at least stat-wise) to the Nike Vapor driver and 3wood, and the Max l94 irons.

The other clubs are great, and they're still in my inventory, but I've tried to dial in consistent meter speeds across my entire bag, and frankly, it leads to lower scores.

The Nike woods aren't as long, but they end up in the fairway more often. I'm still dialing in the irons, but so far so good.

The entire point of all this stuff, after all, is to leave yourself a first putt you have a semi-decent chance to make.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Oct 1 2016 4:37 AM

I'd stick with Nikes you have until lvl 97.

The ones you're looking at don't offer much  improvement (if any at all) over the ones you have.

Personally, I think you'd be wasting your money and you'd be dissapointed with them. 

• mbcarp99
    1,078 Posts
    Sat, Oct 1 2016 5:51 AM

MrFunnyWobbl:
    So I should have the same meter speed as I currently do, yes?

Imo you should buy those irons, it's a long wait until level 97 and they will improve your game when you get used to the faster meter and it will be faster, they have a bit more distance than your current clubs and improved stopping power

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Sat, Oct 1 2016 7:48 AM

Yeah I'll probably buy them, but won't the meter be the same if my above logic is correct?

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sat, Oct 1 2016 8:04 AM

MrFunnyWobbl:
    won't the meter be the same if my above logic is correct?
    Me thinks not.

Characteristics like meter speed do not add up linerally. "high" and "high" match well, but you won't know the exact result.

"high" and "low" usually are a waste of material.

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Sun, Oct 16 2016 5:08 PM

Incase anyone cares, I'm now level 90, and for the most part, the meter speeds are equal. 

As far as I can tell and based on feel I'd say 

3.0 meter clubs + 4.0 meter ball = 4.0 meter clubs + 3.0 meter ball 

RSS