Forums

Help › Forums

Tour Pro to Master to Tour Master ???

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 30 2019 1:38 PM (28 replies)
  • GitUsummaDis
    468 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2016 3:44 PM

So I got my avg slightly below 67 to advance to Master tier right. Now I'm at Master and somehow my avg is now 68.47. I've been shooting roughly 66's-ish on a more regular basis and my avg is very slowly going down. I've looked at my score history and I understand there's some not 68's or better. But I don't know how in the world I'm gonna get my avg below 63 to go to Tour Master. Not that I'm in huge hurry to advance. I'm mostly focused on leveling up. I have my eye on a Ping G25 Iron Set L83+. So what is it going to take to get my avg to 63? Seems nearly impossible although I know it IS possible.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2016 4:07 PM

The answer is simple. Get enough ranked rounds to saturate as Master; thereafter, better rounds replace higher scores in the average. Same thing with every tier change. We've all been through it.

• GitUsummaDis
    468 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2016 4:36 PM

So this is after I have played 40 ranked rounds as a Master? How do I tell? I brought up my stats and it shows "Total" Ranked Played.

• BogeyMan310
    865 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2016 5:05 PM

You will know when you hit a score higher than your average and it does not change your average, from this point on when you tier up, check your total ranked rounds played and do not count best of par 3's or 5's, they do not count towards your average.  Just guessing looking at your score history you are somewhere between 23 to 28 rounds as a master, just a guess.

• darktone
    151 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2016 5:41 PM

I was the same way at first now I am getting score down there. Won a ready go a few days ago and it took about 1.5 off my average. 

• GitUsummaDis
    468 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2016 5:56 PM

Thanks. That's a load off my mind to know that bit of info.

I never play best of 3's or 5's. If I'm gonna play I want it to count.

• GitUsummaDis
    468 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2016 6:04 PM

BogeyMan310:

"Just guessing looking at your score history you are somewhere between 23 to 28 rounds as a master, just a guess."

Sounds about right. I just turned master about 1-2 weeks ago and I play at least 3 18H rounds per day. I would check cause I made a forum post when I tiered up but I'm no longer with that club. DOH! lol

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2016 11:16 PM

K7JBQ:
    The answer is simple. Get enough ranked rounds to saturate as Master; thereafter, better rounds replace higher scores in the average. Same thing with every tier change. We've all been through it.

It's even simpler: Don't mind saturation, don't mind "bringing the ave. down". The core of tiering up from Master is to collect 40 scores which - together - result in an average of 63.00 or less. Everything else is padding. In the final pot, there will probably be no score higher than 33/66 - mine was topped by two 65s. Thus, be a happy grinding hacker and just wait for it to come.

@GitU, I like your thoughts on Levels. After reaching Master, you may need some new equipment (good wedges!), and you certainly need some longer stuff as a Legend, for some fun in the game.

And, playing daily, you will certainly be able to learn about the shots and course management and play&collect better scores for the next tiers. Playing with friends (e.g. in A/S) will show you how others play - priceless lessons, and good fun!

• GitUsummaDis
    468 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2016 11:37 PM

You're so wise alosso.

My next equipment purchase is an iron set I have my eye on but they're at L83+. Then wedges. I figure with better irons = more GIR's = to hell with wedges (lol) I mean the less i'll need them.

I'm getting better. I have my good/bad ding days like anyone I'm sure. When I can ding 80%-90% then I can really fine tune my equipment and my game play I'm thinking. It's great fun. I killed it in the 4th round of a big CC tournament with a 64 in High Wind and Hard Pins to win by 2 strokes. That was very exciting for me. :)

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2016 4:15 AM

GitUsummaDis:
    to hell with wedges (lol)

"Driving is for show, putting is for dough" is true here, too. You will need a shot to the green anyway, and good wedges make a difference. Wise man don't tell you why but chuckles out of earshot.

RSS