Forums

Help › Forums

Birthday

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 28 2016 5:11 AM (9 replies)
  • EdwardRo
    191 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2016 8:23 AM

Today  is  my  birthday  i'm  57  years  old  on  disability and    fighting  cancer , between  my  Kemo  and  Radation  treatments  it's  really  taken  a bite  out  of  my  monthly  income  i'm  on  my  last  free ball  from  WGT and  it's  about  gone  in  the  red , Wgt  it  would  be  so  kind  of  you  to  send  me    A  sleeve  of  Niki  71  balls,  i  love  playing  your  game  but  with  surveys  and  the  fixed  income  im  on it's  hard  for  me  to  purchase  a  descent  ball  that  i  can  compete  with  the  better  players ,  ill contune  to  play  even  if  it's  the  starter  balls , i'm  not  asking  for  a  miracle  i  been  playing  your  game  pretty  much  when  it  first  come  out  and  it's  great  entertainment   especially  for  us  on  disabilty  or  retired , 

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2016 3:33 PM

Happy birthday Edward, wish you the best of luck with your treatment and hope you make a complete recovery very soon.  : )

• EdwardRo
    191 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2016 4:27 AM

Thank you scott

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2016 7:16 AM

EdwardRo:

Thank you scott

No balls gifted though eh?

Despite the fact that you're in the USA, have access to all the surveys etc to earn free credits and are disabled, at home and time to kill (pardon the bad joke).

Join a club, make a few more friends and...sorry if this sounds harsh, perhaps you can touch them up for a few sleeves.

Don't be a stranger and come begging. It just ain't right dude.

• EdwardRo
    191 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2016 4:11 PM

it's not beging ive always payed back the balls thta have been sent to me and yes when im not sick and able to do the surveys i do thank you

• EdwardRo
    191 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2016 4:12 PM

i'm not asking for hand outs  

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Wed, Sep 28 2016 12:26 AM

A good work partner of 30 years died today of cancer . 3 months ago she was fit as hell and just started coughing .

Have a heart guys .

There but for fortune .

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Wed, Sep 28 2016 5:11 AM

@ Paul: Yeah, I know what's right. I have given away thousands of credits to people I thought were deserving. I still do.

A long time ago I learned a lesson about teaching a man to fish.

I'm all for giving someone a hand-up. I refuse to give someone a handout.

@ Craig: I'm sorry to hear about your friend's death. My position remains however. I will gladly give someone a hand-up. If however, they have the means, as so many others have said and ratified, to earn free credits, through a little of their time, I'm not going to give them a handout.

Cheers,

Peter

RSS