Forums

Help › Forums

WGT has a reached a new low - Try the 15 sec tournament!

Fri, Sep 30 2016 9:05 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • PRStevenson
    842 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2016 6:27 AM

Just tried a tournament that only allows players a 15 sec timer! What a disaster!,

Merion - Swing in 15 Seconds

I thought it might be tough but actually it's not too bad on my side.....but that's the problem it isn't just my side....there's the abundance of WGT failures that make it nigh impossible to get through the rounds with a repsectable score.

That is to say, if you don't use the shambles of an auto-caddy it takes most of the 15 seconds selecting the right club, aligning, the meter itself and then there's the swing... if the time runs out mid swing you are penalised for a shot, no warning given.

If you use the absolutely dreadful auto-caddy system you are fine for time, on those rare occassions when it selects the right club but as we all know you can expect the auto-caddy to constantly give you the wrong club AND the wrong type of shot. To rectify this eats away at those valuable seconds.

So thanks WGT for creating a very frustrating tournament suited to those who don't mind dropping their average score as a result of in-game problems and not enough time to adjust.

That said, I encourage players to have a go at the tournament and see if they fare better or have a different opinion. I almost got through 9 holes but it just wasn't to be.

Cheers
    PR

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2016 6:40 AM

I didn't think it was too bad.  I shot -9 on the F9 but got that damn bunker glitch on back 9 (ball won't advance) for a Quadrouple bogey and then timed out on my par save putt on 18.  Was hoping to get 55 or 56 but happy enough with the front 9 with only a 15 second clock.

• PRStevenson
    842 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2016 11:26 AM

You did very well on that F9. I had a -4 at one point but I ended up on the fringe and by the time I switched over from the default auto-caddy to the correct increment, lined up and swung it was too late.

On another attempt I had an issue with meter stalling and let it run but by the time I attempted a second swing the time ran out on the backswing.

On another attempt it was behaving very oddly by rotating through putting increments after I had selected the correct one, which just sabotaged the shot completely.

Sometimes it just seems like I'm playing a rigged game at a fairground!

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2016 1:13 PM

hi,

The goal for these is to try something different. It's not for everyone but then again, it's clearly marked, so if you want to try, do it :)

-wgticon

• micheldess
    819 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2016 1:52 PM

I play sometime the ready go on the front 9 of chambers bay, it's 10 seconds the time clock not 15 seconds it's even more difficult lol

• ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2016 4:20 PM

PRStevenson:

So thanks WGT for creating a very frustrating tournament suited to those who don't mind dropping their average score as a result of in-game problems and not enough time to adjust.

These things don't really affect you're average, do they?

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2016 4:35 PM

ArgyleScott:

They sure will if you are not saturated

• ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2016 6:59 PM

garyk49:

ArgyleScott:

They sure will if you are not saturated

Then I'm  throughly saturated. I get PO'd and hit max shots on every hole.

• stevietwotimes
    1,327 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2016 1:03 PM

i like em...

its where your course management comes in...most players know the up or downhill of the hole and i work out the wind adjustment before it changes to the next shot...

the 10 sec one is hard cos you just gotta hit the ball with no time to adjust but had a 29 on the 10 sec chambers one but got nowhere near it since :)

15 secs is better and 30 secs is ample for most....

• razza31
    703 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2016 1:03 PM

micheldess:

I play sometime the ready go on the front 9 of chambers bay, it's 10 seconds the time clock not 15 seconds it's even more difficult lol

Yeah I think I've only completed that 10s RG without getting a penalty shot once..

• PAGES
RSS