Help › Forums

Downgrading a level

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 25 2016 1:27 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • scottnoris106
    2 Posts
    Sun, Sep 18 2016 4:16 PM

I'm now at the Tour level but everything plays too long.  How do I go down one level?

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sun, Sep 18 2016 7:27 PM

You don't. The game is designed to get more difficult, requiring you to invest either money or time (earn credits through offers and watching ads) in order to upgrade your clubs. Some other people opt to start a new account but that is not allowed by the T&C; it might get you banned from the site if you get caught.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sun, Sep 18 2016 8:43 PM

+1

Congrats for becoming Master with Starter clubs!

Master tier is a crucial crossroad where the Starter set won't bring you to all fairways, making the game very difficult. If you like the game, you might think of investing some cash in your leisure - 10 bucks per month (from the start) will give you lots of fun!!

Edit: Just noticed that this guy has an account from 2012 which makes my money estimate a tad steep ;)

• dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Sun, Sep 18 2016 11:29 PM

srellim234:
    The game is designed to get more difficult, requiring you to invest either money or time

Agreed.

srellim234:
    (earn credits through offers and watching ads)

Or, all that time wasted on watching offers and ads, spend improving your game, taking notes, getting good enough earn credits in challenges against others.  Let THEM pay your way.  I've been doing it since November '09.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2016 12:36 AM

As per all above and maybe consider:

1.  L90 you have access to enough equipment to shake it with the best until at least Champ tier.  Lots of fun there but money and /or time (pocket or vids and offers) to get it all;

2. If happy with starter gear I think you can restart perfectly legally by contacting WGT and closing your account.  Would involve zero credit comps until back at where you are tier wise, but only M tier so not a problem.......Contact their CS to find out all.  

Giving up a hard won (time wise) L90, going over old ground v some spend and loads more fun maybe?.........Choices.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2016 1:51 AM

Jimbog1964:
    Giving up a hard won (time wise) L90, going over old ground v some spend and loads more fun maybe?.........Choices.

I agree with this. The OP does not play for credits, play comps or multiplayer games....obviously rocks up and plays.

That is how I played when I started...to be honest I did not know about the forum or that you could also enjoy the social aspect of the game.

But when I made masters using the starters kit, I made a choice to upgrade - with hindsight, I would have done that earlier!

But there is nothing stopping you playing in the manner you have, and it will not matter if you card a 62 or 102. Just set your own goals and have fun if you decide not to upgrade.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2016 4:07 AM

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2016 10:06 AM

scottnoris106:
    I'm now at the Tour level but everything plays too long.  How do I go down one level?

You could just play practice rounds and set the tees and conditions to your liking.

• darktone
    151 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2016 6:32 AM

I went to the master level a couple weeks ago too. My scoring average went to about 74 and it was much longer. Also got the level 59 irons at the same time. There was a learning curve to the irons and the longer tee's. The thing that really helped me get things going in the right direction was better balls. I am using 250 credit balls and my average is dropping a point a day. But now I am afraid I will have the same problem at Tour Master level? I watch video's and win credits in the ready go tournements to feed my new balls.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2016 7:45 AM

Tour Master means "only" faster greens, Stimp 11 instead of 10.

The next tees come with Legend tier, along with Stimp 12 greens.
    Until then, 50 rounds to saturate, 61.00 average to seal the deal.

• PAGES
RSS