Help › Forums

Discussion - Andyson Community Tournament

Wed, Oct 12 2016 5:07 PM (128 replies)
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Sep 28 2016 8:04 PM

pdb1:

YancyCan:
    Andyson was deaf in one ear & HE CONQUERED this issue. Perhaps a "Charity" tournament with something going to "Deaf/Hearing Charities" would be nice? Just a thought....

Good idea Yancy . Something you all might consider . I'm up for whatever you decide . 

Paul

It was expressed by quite a lot of us that WGTs only revenue from this should be ball usage. So I would rather we didn't have any pro shop items as prizes. 

They did nothing to honour Andyson and still refuse to make him a Tour Champion.

WGT do not deserve any $$.

If you have cash to splash, Andyson had hearing problems, died from heart failure and loved dogs, you could always donate to a charity. We don't need to hear about it in the tournament thread.

If you wish to gift a player an item go ahead but don't tie it in to this tournament by posting about the gift in the  thread.

This is all about Andyson not prizes or public gestures.

Fun and cameraderie with a bit of healthy competition in memory of a good friend is the aim here.

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 12:59 AM

CEverett12:

Most of the players in this tournament are People who play on a regular basis ,  I think we could get it done in 7 to 10 days  ,   A 32 person bracket is my vote ..

Edit - 7 days per round would take 4 weeks to reach the final 4

Agreed - 32 person bracket is my vote as well.

How would we put together the matchplay portion you mentioned Paul? I'm drawing a blank :-)

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 11:28 AM

petervcpt:
    How would we put together the matchplay portion you mentioned Paul? I'm drawing a blank

I've got that covered, gonna use a bracket site that does random pairings.

I'll just screenshot the bracket put it the forum and away we go.

Then update it as match results come in.

The only thing still to be comfirmed is, when we cut the field to 32 for the bracket, how do we decide a tie? The time a round was played seems a bit unfair to me.

Depending on numbers, how about a sudden death MP or skins, 1st hole won gets you through to the bracket?

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 11:40 AM

If its match play , there will be no ties , They go to extra holes until someone wins ( right ? )

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 11:52 AM

CEverett12:

If its match play , there will be no ties , They go to extra holes until someone wins ( right ? )

What I meant was, players tied after the 2 rounds of strokeplay, how to decide who gets into the bracket?

For instance, we could have 2 bracket spaces left and 4(or any number) players have the next lowest score that qualifies.

So, maybe the 1st two players to win a skin goes through. Or whatever we can think of.

We could have any number of players tied and any number of bracket spaces to fill.

We won''t know until all the round 1&2 results are known. It's also possible we don't face this problem at all.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 12:50 PM

Just a curve ball to consider.

Have the two rounds of stroke play and have a leader board.as usual - this can be for the Kudos.

THEN use the random selector for the final 16 to move into the bracket stage.

This is more about having the players participate. I would prefer to play my round with someone (stroke rounds) by asking in the thread if anyone registered wants to play their round - a way of meeting and playing with others.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 2:15 PM

alanti:
    THEN use the random selector for the final 16 to move into the bracket stage.

It's going to be 32.

I quite like the idea and would end any confusion over ties but in the sign up thread I put this in the intro -

The top players will then go into a matchplay bracket to determine a winner.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 2:40 PM

Sorry, 32 for the bracket.

My point was by putting all players into a random draw (who enter the stroke play rounds) gives an equal opportunity of being drawn into the bracket stage, not just the top players.

Andyson never considered himself a top player (although he did have some mad skills) and just throws open the bracket stage for potential upsets.

By only having the top players makes it just another tournament. Anyhoo...was just a thought to mix it up.

It also gives some of the lesser players to potentially play against a top player,,,heck even consider handicaps like Pall Finn did

This is the community's tournament, so rules can be broken IMO.

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 3:43 PM

^^^^....not a bad idea at all....if it was just the "top" players from stroke play, it's kind of just a virtual tour event without WGT.

I'm good with whatever the consensus is.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 4:18 PM

I'm really warming to this idea of randomness...

RSS