Forums

Help › Forums

Discussion - Andyson Community Tournament

Wed, Oct 12 2016 5:07 PM (128 replies)
  • CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Wed, Sep 28 2016 5:27 AM

Concerning gifts ,  There is no rule in this tournament that says you cant send a sleeve of balls to someone ,  That is a personal choice ,  If you would like to send a sleeve of balls to someone that's fine , However This tournament is not about money or credits or trying to punish WGT for not doing something ,  WGT will not be effected at all if we don't send any gifts , I understand some of the frustration in the community with regards to WGT ,  There are a lot of players out there that cant afford a decent ball , Perhaps they use starter balls ,  Gifting a sleeve of balls to a less fortunate player in my opinion is a good thing ..   It doesn't have to be a big deal , There doesn't need to be any mention of who sent the balls or who received the balls ,  Maybe after the tournament we can have a thank you thread for those people who want to say something .

First and foremost this is a memorial tournament for Andyson  ,  And that should be the main thing , 

Thank you ...............

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Wed, Sep 28 2016 5:54 AM

CEverett12:

Concerning gifts ,  There is no rule in this tournament that says you cant send a sleeve of balls to someone ,  That is a personal choice ,  If you would like to send a sleeve of balls to someone that's fine , However This tournament is not about money or credits or trying to punish WGT for not doing something ,  WGT will not be effected at all if we don't send any gifts , I understand some of the frustration in the community with regards to WGT ,  There are a lot of players out there that cant afford a decent ball , Perhaps they use starter balls ,  Gifting a sleeve of balls to a less fortunate player in my opinion is a good thing ..   It doesn't have to be a big deal , There doesn't need to be any mention of who sent the balls or who received the balls ,  Maybe after the tournament we can have a thank you thread for those people who want to say something .

First and foremost this is a memorial tournament for Andyson  ,  And that should be the main thing , 

Thank you ...............

Very well said!

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Sep 28 2016 8:00 AM

here's what I'm thinking now -

1) The 1st and 2nd rounds, 2 x 3 day windows of play. Start at midnight on a Thursday, so people can play anytime over the two weekends when most folk aren't working.

Midnight WGT time, so the score history dates are in sync.

The first ranked round on the specified course in a players history between those dates will be their score recorded for the tournament.

2) Match play bracket rounds, these can drag on a bit ( time differences, work schedules etc.) so I think the bracket should be 16 players maximum.

I can put the names into challonge.com and generate a random bracket. Then I will post it in the comp thread and we can run it from there. No need for the 16 to sign up and register for challonge that way.

I think this should work OK. I've ran events in CC similar, this just involves putting two simple formats together for the event. We can get it done no problem.

Thoughts?

p.s. I forgot to say, using ranked rounds to play rounds 1&2 means that people can play solo or play in groups, making it more fun for many of us.

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Wed, Sep 28 2016 11:09 AM

I really like this Paul!

Maybe if Challonge can do it we could have a 32 or even 64 player bracket, depending on participation?

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Sep 28 2016 3:38 PM

petervcpt:

I really like this Paul!

Maybe if Challonge can do it we could have a 32 or even 64 player bracket, depending on participation?

64 is way too big would maybe take a couple of months to get through, for the reasons I gave before.

I prefer the top 16 but I suppose 32 is do-able.

What do other folk think about the matchplay phase? Nothings set in stone for this part yet.

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Wed, Sep 28 2016 3:50 PM

Most of the players in this tournament are People who play on a regular basis ,  I think we could get it done in 7 to 10 days  ,   A 32 person bracket is my vote ..

Edit - 7 days per round would take 4 weeks to reach the final 4

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Sep 28 2016 4:07 PM

Yeah that sounds good. I like it.

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Wed, Sep 28 2016 4:08 PM

CEverett12:
    regular basis

That is only if I have my muffin in the morning . 

Was looking at the list of names for the game , So nice to see many names that we all know .

OPY 

• turfsand
    1,773 Posts
    Wed, Sep 28 2016 4:54 PM

CEverett12:

Most of the players in this tournament are People who play on a regular basis ,  I think we could get it done in 7 to 10 days  ,   A 32 person bracket is my vote ..

Edit - 7 days per round would take 4 weeks to reach the final 4

this sounds good to me. we are using starter balls (also sounds like a good/fun idea)?

RSS