Help › Forums

Discussion - Andyson Community Tournament

Wed, Oct 12 2016 5:07 PM (128 replies)
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2016 1:23 PM

CEverett12:
    . It doesn't say single play though .

I've amended my 1st post in sign up thread.

• quadrock123
    859 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2016 1:33 PM

I would like to send my sincerest regrets on losing some1 that meant so much to the golfers in the WGT community. I hope you make this an annual event to keep his memory alive. I did not personally know/played with the man, but he must have been a hell of a guy to have a tourny played in his honor. Please let us know when the event will be held, and if i can, i will sign up. Goodbye ANDYSON.                                                        Mike(quadrock123)                                                                                                            owner of the "live and Let Golf"CC.

• Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2016 2:47 PM

one issue that was not discussed is how to break ties to get to a workable # for the match play bracket...i suggest we use that random thing-a-ma-picker that ShamWow uses in his Monday give away.....normally the ties would be broken by count back and who finished first....but those are not options here

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2016 2:53 PM

Beryman:

one issue that was not discussed is how to break ties to get to a workable # for the match play bracket...i suggest we use that random thing-a-ma-picker that ShamWow uses in his Monday give away.....normally the ties would be broken by count back and who finished first....but those are not options here

We can try best round gets through but they may be the same score and not break the tie.

The randomizer picky thing seems cruel so I quite like it!.

Any other ideas folks?

• Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2016 4:01 PM

could also be used to break ties for seeding purposes if the bracket is a seeded bracket

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2016 4:37 PM

Mibbes post here (or appropriate thread) as soon as your own round is completed?

Post will show time/date. All have had to post to sign up so it shouldn't be a problem doing so - with the added bonus of helping to bump the thread thus keeping it high on the 'most popular' list.

It would also work as an incentive for folk to perhaps get their round in ASAP.

• Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2016 5:06 PM

good idea but that may not work for those that are moderated.....not sure how moderation works, whether it shows the time they entered their post or the time when it was allowed through

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2016 5:16 PM

Beryman:
    good idea but that may not work for those that are moderated.....

As the players will be signed up, perhaps those players can post on Icon or DB's wall asking to be taken off moderation as they are entered.

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2016 5:21 PM

Beryman:

good idea but that may not work for those that are moderated.....not sure how moderation works, whether it shows the time they entered their post or the time when it was allowed through

There are other reasons why it wouldn't work either, Bery. Moderation wouldn't be one of them though. So long as folk remember the intent of the event is to pay tribute to a valued member of this community and not a 'must win at all costs' then all should be fine.

Moderated posts, although 'held back', when eventually allowed through show the original time they were made. Hence you'll see someone's name appear on a thread as the last contributer but their reply may be two or three pages prior to the most up to date entry.

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2016 6:04 PM

They can post a message on one of the officials wall , asking them to verify their score , It might be a faster way to get the score posted

RSS