Forums

Help › Forums

Hitting the Ding better

Sun, Sep 25 2016 3:48 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • GitUsummaDis
    468 Posts
    Wed, Sep 14 2016 8:28 PM

I should have taken this advice from my real golf days and playing pool days. It's ALWAYS a good idea to visualize your shots. I have been doing this when I'm putting. Visualizing that line from when the putter contacts the ball all the way to the hole. But today I decided to post something else I've been doing and it helps, a lot. As I take each and every shot including putts I get the backswing to where I want it but then I pause for a second to take my eyes off of the backswing to focus on the clicking area. I spend a second or two taking a deep breath and visualizing that meter coming back and me clicking the mouse at just the exact millisecond I needed to ding. So far with this little technique I've been dinging and close to ding much better than before.

• Marco129
    275 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2016 4:10 AM

Good observation and advice. There have been many posts on choppy meter issues. One of the "helps" for a poor meter is to pause at the top of your swing to allow the game to "settle" a bit and have a smoother ride to the dinger.

- Mark

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2016 7:29 AM

GitUsummaDis:
    I pause for a second to take my eyes off of the backswing to focus on the clicking area.

If you think about how real swings work, you don't follow your club head during the backswing, you stay focused on the ball. The same thing works here. Focus on the ding line and let the moving line enter your peripheral vision. Basically, keep your head down.

You can actually make your meter appear to stutter by trying to follow it from the top through the ding line. Unless your eyes move exactly the same speed and tempo as the moving line, the line will appear erratic.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2016 12:03 PM

Another thing to keep in mind when trying to hit the ding is stay as relaxed as you can. Many badly missed dings are the result of  being too tense when you click. A relaxed hand and index finger will go a long way in getting close to if not hitting the ding.

• mbcarp99
    1,078 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2016 3:35 PM

I find that drinking just the right amount of alcohol slows my meter right down but just too much makes it speed up, it's a fine line and takes lots of practice but an enjoyable experience nonetheless 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2016 4:38 PM

mbcarp99:
    I find that drinking just the right amount of alcohol slows my meter right down but just too much makes it speed up

You just have to know to hit the middle line of the 3 you see.  LOL   ;-)

• GitUsummaDis
    468 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2016 9:04 PM

lmao @ mbcarp and LOL @ Jim

I guess it's just what works for the individual. I was only pointing out my method. Everyone's eyes and brain work differently. Jim Fyruk plays like his basketball days that ball going around the rim before dropping or downswing in this case and he's one of the top players ever. j/s

• GitUsummaDis
    468 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2016 2:34 PM

I made one other change. I kept having a problem with missing the ding to left almost always. I bought a new Nike ball yesterday, .5 more speed and now it's much closer to and ding more clicking the mouse at the same moment the way I was.

• PAGES
RSS