Forums

Help › Forums

Notes Advice

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 16 2016 11:11 PM (6 replies)
  • GitUsummaDis
    468 Posts
    Wed, Sep 14 2016 7:49 PM

This is my 2 account of which I hardly did anything on my 1st one. I didn't even buy anything on the 1st one. I've been playing for what? 2 months I suppose. I've been working on this spreadsheet adding, revising and learning as I go. I'm .04 away from tiering to Master. I know I know I should be playing to get that .04 off of there instead of messing around on the forums. LOL, But I wanted to share this and see what people think, get some constructive criticism, etc. Let me know what you think and thanks in advance.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1T1rZuRXNBmTBvyCDoBMCl57Z8UagOJSgFJrox3moLTI/edit?usp=sharing

• Marco129
    275 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2016 4:00 AM

Your sheet looks like a good start. Out of curiosity, do you calculate every putt using the notes on the bottom of the sheet?

- Mark

• GitUsummaDis
    468 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2016 9:18 PM

Marco129:

Your sheet looks like a good start. Out of curiosity, do you calculate every putt using the notes on the bottom of the sheet?

- Mark

Yes I always use those multipliers. They're set to make sure the ball doesn't end up short or you would always miss putts. I am always the correct distance with the pin it's just a matter of aiming from there. Anyway, you are welcome to try them. For example multiply: 

Vfast 10 *.93f=flat give or take +/- 2 inches, *.92u=uphill, *.9u=uphill for >40ft putts, *.87d=downhill, *.86d for >40ft putt

So here's how to do it: Say you have a 20ft put, it's uphill 5in. 1ft per inch elevation +/-. Gives you 25ft. Since it's uphill you take the 25ft *.92 would hit for 23ft. So I hit a tad over 75% of the 60ft swing meter. And so on and so forth.

Just a side note... Putts within 7 feet I go ahead and hit it 1 or 2 feet more than the calculated distance and just ram it in the cup.

• jeffmatulich
    482 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2016 8:17 AM

you know....instead of calculating your putt everytime just create a spread sheet for all 6 primary green speeds for your putter at 10% increments....then you have a cheat sheet right infront of you.  Of course you still need to +/- for up/downhill and adapt for course conditions....

Here have a look at this page

• Marco129
    275 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2016 11:10 AM

jeffmatulich:

you know....instead of calculating your putt everytime just create a spread sheet for all 6 primary green speeds for your putter at 10% increments....then you have a cheat sheet right infront of you.  Of course you still need to +/- for up/downhill and adapt for course conditions....

Jeff, that is exactly why I asked the question. I made a putting chart in a spreadsheet and then converted it into a pdf file which I keep in the tray while I play.

- Mark

• GitUsummaDis
    468 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2016 2:30 PM

jeffmatulich:

I've seen that chart before and it's a little overwhelming. Plus I have no clue how to use it. I've gotten pretty efficient with mine. All I have to do is quick glance at the factor I need and multiply by it one time then look at my Putt chart for the % to backswing then just putt.

I do admit I need to and plan to make that chart into a spreadsheet of it's own and have it auto calculate. :)

• Marco129
    275 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2016 11:11 PM

GitUsummaDis:
    I do admit I need to and plan to make that chart into a spreadsheet of it's own and have it auto calculate. :)

GIT,

I too use Open Office to create and edit spreadsheets. I convert them to PDF files, because I have found it an easier way to play.

Here is a link to a PDF file on google drive. It is a PDF file for your putter's increments.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B27I8YRYrftybGI0VjNHZXVLOEU

I have made spreadsheets on Google Drive for most of the putter increments.

I have sent you a friends request and will share with you the spreadsheet which made the file, so you can tweek it to your specifications.

- Mark

RSS