Forums

Help › Forums

Cheating software...but does WGT care?

Tue, Oct 6 2020 3:37 PM (82 replies)
  • razza31
    703 Posts
    Wed, Sep 14 2016 12:23 PM

lonniescott711:
    What gets me is that the players M/P isnt being recorded in their stats but if you look at their activity its 4 pages long . 87 total wins in M/P from 6/16 to date but stats only show 1 round vs Amateur .

Maybe practice M/P.. Didnt know practice M/P shows up in activity.

• PRStevenson
    842 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2016 1:03 PM

lonniescott711:

What gets me is that the players M/P isnt being recorded in their stats but if you look at their activity its 4 pages long . 87 total wins in M/P from 6/16 to date but stats only show 1 round vs Amateur . But they light up everyone they play they definitely have a super can of whoop a$ for all comers . They are more than likely a multi as this looks more like a sleeper account as start date was 2015 but score history and activity only goes back to 6/16 .

Probably a high tier T/L or Champion playing around as would have to be very good to know how to use a wedge on the greens . Dont think any cheatware can be made to do that but could be wrong . By not playing for credits they would fly under the radar and go unnoticed .

Thanks lonnie (shall we call you Sherlock). That sounds very plausible to me, so you may have just hit the nail on the head.

Anyway, fortunately the number of honest, decent and friendly players far outweigh those who try to manipulate the game in whatever form.

But back to WGT.  Is there approach to retroactively respond to claims of cheating by keeping a watchful eye on those players?

Do they combat the cheating software through game development or by testing whether any of the available cheat software actually does what it says on the tin or is just a scam?

... I mean it's probably no surprise that if you type "WGT cheat for credits" into google you get page after page of site upon site all claiming to offer cheat software and in some cases along with some fairly incriminating screenshots!

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2016 2:42 PM

Do you know if he is definitely not known for playing for credits and just gets his rocks off without them?

Is an odd thing nothing in score history, and no one is honestly wedging out that often.

PRStevenson:
    Do they combat the cheating software through game development or by testing whether any of the available cheat software actually does what it says on the tin or is just a scam?

Whole security sweeps thread recently posted which seemed to show only how little they can effectively do. Sadly at least one "cheat" could pretty much take this game apart to an already good player, and is pretty much not detectable it seems.  Sadly that SSs thread ended up highlighting that more than stopping things........Impression I was left with anyway, and not had anyone change that for me.

EDIT: This one remains odd in a couple of ways though......Assume WGT must be looking at ...I assume.

• Kmon26
    4 Posts
    Fri, Apr 20 2018 9:04 AM

I'm a fairly new member so I'm not sure it's "cheating" of something else.  Currently the leader of the Erin Hills Classic is at 53.  How the "hell" can you play 18 holes legitimately and average under 3 per hole?  Am I missing some thing.  It would suggest no only a under par score on every hole but multiple eagles and birdies.  Can that be legit?

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, Apr 20 2018 6:17 PM

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Fri, Apr 20 2018 7:09 PM

TopShelf2010:

For the most part, the scores you are witnessing are indeed legit. The top of the leaderboard consists of players that have been playing this game for a very long time. They are the very best at this game. They have put in the time to learn their equipment as well as learn each and every course.

You are not the first to simply assume they are cheating and I am sure you won't be the last.

Don

+1

• Steve915
    68 Posts
    Fri, Apr 20 2018 7:59 PM

Re: cheating software.

WHERE do I get it?????   LOL

• Young46
    1,292 Posts
    Fri, Apr 20 2018 8:01 PM

Kmon26:

I'm a fairly new member so I'm not sure it's "cheating" of something else.  Currently the leader of the Erin Hills Classic is at 53.  How the "hell" can you play 18 holes legitimately and average under 3 per hole?  Am I missing some thing.  It would suggest no only a under par score on every hole but multiple eagles and birdies.  Can that be legit?

Lots of very good players stream their rounds, hop on Twitch and check them out. Almost all of them are interactive with their viewers, so I have no doubt they would do their best to answer questions.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2018 5:30 PM

Steve915:
    WHERE do I get it?

Buy it from WGT.

Focus Boost

:^)

• ECANDP
    17 Posts
    Mon, Apr 29 2019 1:05 PM

I have reported numerous cheaters some who have played 2months or less and are winning the credits on tournaments how can you go from hack to master level in 30days or less but they are still playing and still cheating and wgt has not done anything about it I refuse to spend any money on expensive golf balls or more clubs if I am just going to be cheated anyway. I think we need to stop letting wgt let cheaters take advantage of the players who have worked on their game and want to have fun but be fair to all. I have a list of players to watch out for.

RSS